Lapua brass question ??

tbrice23

Can anyone explain to me why Lapua can rationalize making 221 Remington Fireball and 6.5 Grendel of all things (among other odd ball cases) but not even consider making 300wsm or 300 wm ?

I can see a few of the cases they produce is used for cammon wildcats like 220 russian and 30.06, so ....
If they made 7wsm I'd be willing to form that to 300 wsm, I bet if they made 300wsm guys everywhere would be forming it to 7wsm also.

Ever run a manufacturing business? Perhaps it's because:

Norma makes it - and they'd be competing for that business. There are a lot of 300 wsm shooters but are there enough to satisfy the sales requirements to make that kind of move cost effective? I've never seen Normal 300 wsm brass on backorder.

It costs big bucks to tool up for a specific caliber. Would their return on investment (given the Norma competition) make it a wise business decision?

They already feature more than two dozen types of brass and when you're in business you can't fill every niche in the market.

Ever run a manufacturing business? Perhaps it's because:

Norma makes it - and they'd be competing for that business. There are a lot of 300 wsm shooters but are there enough to satisfy the sales requirements to make that kind of move cost effective? I've never seen Normal 300 wsm brass on backorder.

It costs big bucks to tool up for a specific caliber. Would their return on investment (given the Norma competition) make it a wise business decision?

They already feature more than two dozen types of brass and when you're in business you can't fill every niche in the market.
So what kind of tremendous business are they getting from producing 221 fireball and 8×57 IS ?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.