Laminated A5 style stock for Howa1500

remingtonman_25_06

Thinking about getting a new stock for the Vanguard 240 WBY. The cheap plastic factory stock leaves a lot to be desired and I think it will help with the accuracy I'm trying to achieve. It's a 3/4 MOA rifle with the 87g VMAX and 105g HPBTs, but it's my LR coyote rifle and that's not good enough. It needs to be 1/2 MOA or better. I like laminated stocks so was thinking about one of them. Are the Boyd's, Richard's, or Stockys any good? Of course they all will still need bedded. I'm not a fan of thumb hole stocks, but I do like the A5 style. I also plan to put a sendero weight 28" Bartlein on it in a few years after the factory barrel shoots out. Can I just get the varmint channel stock now and have the factory barrel set in there and not cause any issues? I realize I'll have a decent gap on sides of the favtory barrel that way for now, but will that cause issues if its bedded? Just trying to think long term and not have to buy and bed 2 different stocks if that makes sense. These were the 105s at 53.5g RL26 at 300 yards with seating depths from .005" to .030 off. I'll try a few even shorter at 40/50/60 off and see if breaks under 2" Or I may try a few with some CCI 250s, or just try a new powder like H1000 or H4831 altogether.
Snapchat-565033780.jpg
Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.