• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Keep your guard up with Gunbroker

switchback

It has been about 2 months from the time I got ripped off by a verified seller on gunbroker. The amount was for a shotgun purchased with their new sales tax and shipping for the amount of $2229. I have gotten no help from gunbroker and have been a member there for 15-20 years. They have a gunbroker protection for the amount of $500 with a 100 deductible, this crap is still under their review over the 400 bucks that doesn't scratch the surface of my loss.
Just a warning to others to beware.

Seller, Crook, Scammer, Mother F'er - Tilroyb000

Last edited:
Yes, that's very bad news, that there could be a "verified seller" on Gunbroker who runs away with your money, and Gunbroker doesn't make it good......I thought that's what they sorta claimed is that it was safer because they were the sheriff in town and were
backing things up. So, its not good to hear they may only be as good as the last sale that actually sent the merchandise to the buyer.

If I do use them, the seller is gonna need about a thousand attaboys by their moniker now.

Last edited:
I'm an FFL and Gunbroker is very difficult to deal with. My advice is to always pay by credit card, even if you have cash and have to pay 3% more. Credit card providers will do charge backs and most of the time will side with the card holder over the vendor. I know of other FFL's that had proof of delivery of an expensive optic and the buyer did a charge back stating they never received it and still won. Credit Cards are your best protection. Also, try and stick with sellers that have mucho feedback. Since covid there have been a lot of new sellers and scammers. Gubroker does not care, their customer service sucks. They are the big kid on the block, they know it and they know nobody will replace them so they do not care. Buyers get scammed but I know FFL's that get scammed frequently and GB does nothing about those people. GB allows the users to change their username so you can block a particular user and they can change their username. If I think of anything else I will add to this but those things will help out.

I've pretty much stopped using GB. GB themselves charged me for a rifle I never did sell, and then charged me 3 times what their listing fees would have been. Their customer service was completely useless, they never did get back to me on the issue. That has been over 2 years now.