• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Keep your guard up with Gunbroker

There are still good people on gunbroker.. I recently purchased some shotgun slugs on there that were absolute garbage in the accuracy department and the guy sent me a full refund check without even returning the merchandise.

Exact same type of deal with this A-hole. I should have done my homework, I admit, I got caught up in a hurry on my way to work and placed a bid. Looked back after and saw only 2 sales to same buyer. I would just think that gunbroker, as big as they have become would be able to do a lot better job screening and helping out on a known scam, especially where firearms are concerned.

They've charged me fees for unsold rifles. You might as well forget about getting any response from anyone. I rarely buy anything there anymore. Sold a few rifles earlier this year.

Pay with a credit card - I have disputed several charges over the past 10 years and always have prevailed. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and your and the bad guy's state's attorney general office - sort of like pushing an elevator button. If in your state or nearby and ID and assets can be verified there is always small claims court then a judgement provided dispute falls thru.

Before buying from unknown vendors I always check BBB business reviews and that just reminded me to kick off a new thread.

I've pretty much stopped using GB. GB themselves charged me for a rifle I never did sell, and then charged me 3 times what their listing fees would have been. Their customer service was completely useless, they never did get back to me on the issue. That has been over 2 years now.
I had a similar experience trying to sell ammo on GB.

Their CS is literally nonexistent.

Exact same type of deal with this A-hole. I should have done my homework, I admit, I got caught up in a hurry on my way to work and placed a bid. Looked back after and saw only 2 sales to same buyer. I would just think that gunbroker, as big as they have become would be able to do a lot better job screening and helping out on a known scam, especially where firearms are concerned.

I feel for you.

I did a search, and FWIW it looks like a lot of other people are in the same boat. He has a whole page of high-dollar guns sold (all ended very close to the same time).

Looks like he even sold the same Blaser R8 twice within 4 days.

It shows both he and the guy that gave him 2 positive feedbacks are "no longer a registered user".

Thank you all. I just made my last purchase using them. It will be the last. I had run into a fellow after I sent him a Certified Bank Check for a gun; he told me that the District Attorney had seized my check and that the Sheriff was investigating for prosecution. I was shocked. He told me the Bank Check was a Fraud and if I wanted the gun I have to send him U. S. Postal Money Order for the same amount..

I told him no problem, I will contact the ATF immediately and the FBI because this involves crossing State borders and subsequently Federal Banking transactions. I will have them contact the District Attorney in your Town, your bank and YOU. immediately. We will get to the bottom of this.

I received the rifle, two days later. Gun Broker did nothing.

Thank you all. I just made my last purchase using them. It will be the last. I had run into a fellow after I sent him a Certified Bank Check for a gun; he told me that the District Attorney had seized my check and that the Sheriff was investigating for prosecution. I was shocked. He told me the Bank Check was a Fraud and if I wanted the gun I have to send him U. S. Postal Money Order for the same amount..

I told him no problem, I will contact the ATF immediately and the FBI because this involves crossing State borders and subsequently Federal Banking transactions. I will have them contact the District Attorney in your Town, your bank and YOU. immediately. We will get to the bottom of this.

I received the rifle, two days later. Gun Broker did nothing.
Gun Broker is only interested in collecting its commission.

They could give AF about anything else. They will certainly not get any involved with sorting a problem.

10-4 on that. The only gun website who diligently protects against fraud is Guns International.

Alot of these scammers are hijacking peoples accounts and use them to scam people its happening on snipers hide along with several other sites I know of. Verify ask questions demand communications and if your gut tells you it's a scam drop it like it's hot

Alot of these scammers are hijacking peoples accounts and use them to scam people its happening on snipers hide along with several other sites I know of. Verify ask questions demand communications and if your gut tells you it's a scam drop it like it's hot
Great approach.

I like to get guys on the phone and talk for a few minutes.

Recent Posts