• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED gunbroker deal?

Seems a bit pricey to me. Looks pretty beat up in the pics, and it's a 223? Not sure what the demand is for that particular gun, but he will find out when or if he gets some bids?

The problem many have when selling their prized possessions is they try to collect on their emotional attachment — which no one else shares. When coming up with market-price, a seller should look at what comparable items are selling for & ignore what they paid for an item as well as how they feel about it. If the item is worth more to a person than market-price, the person should keep it. If the market price is more than it's worth to the person the person should sell.

As an outsider, I see a rifle that was beat up, refinished & re-bareled. It may be a shooter, but it's neither pristine nor unique — thus not a "collectable". For a field gun the price is too high. I think the price is about $300-$400 too high. It might sell, but not to me or any of my friends!

I think getting that price is a dream. If he really wants to know what its worth let him start the bidding a penny. That will determine the true market value. PS. I sell a lot on GB. I start all of mine at a penny.

... I see a rifle that was beat up, refinished & re-bareled... neither pristine nor unique. For a field gun the price is too high. I think the price is about $300-$400 too high. It might sell, but not to me or any of my friends!

What Buano said... Its nothing special.

He doesn't say what the round count is only that it is low. What is low? Low to me may be a different number to him. It was refinished (not very well). Re-barreled... any targets? Round count issue again, who did it? He is in my opinion wanting way too much for the rifle. It all boils down to the only usable thing that I would be buying is the action, and it looks like its about wore out... So in my opinion I would say NO, WAY TOO MUCH!!! Just my opinion though...BK

Yep, I wish I could sell some of the actions I have for $1000. Like I posted earlier, when it all boils down thats all you are buying, and it looks like its very worn... even the old trigger has a lot of age... just not worth it when you can buy a doner action for $400-$500 (remington) HECK for that amount you can get a WHOLE rifle!