Just Venting!

The good news is that in the almost 13 years since I made that post I have gotten over it.😂
However I still let friends and family take advantage of my good nature.😂
Ahahahahahaha I was thinking the same thing.
Len should have a pop-up indicating that a thread is being resurrected from the dead when someone tries to respond to an oldie.

rule 1!! do not lend any thing you care about or want back ! Co worker borrowed shootng rest 2it took a couple of years and numerous request to get it back with tighting screw broke . same one borrowed a fletching jig about 20 years ago and still has not returned it even every time i see him he says he is going to return it .

Since it has been resurrected,,,friend borrowed my tambler in 1989. I bought another one in 1990. It was easier...and never lent him anything again.

I just I don't understand people who don't respect others property. I will on occasion borrow stuff, but I don't like to make a habit of it. In the back of my mind, I fret about something happening to said borrowed property. I have no problems beating myself up for breaking something of my own, but would be sick to my stomach informing the owner I screwed something up.

I let an acquaintance borrow a small utility trailer. He returned it with missing cotter pin safety, and a burnt-out taillight. Even said the light was working before he borrowed it. So, simple stuff, but if you borrow something you return it in the same or better condition as it was upon borrowing. Chaps me when people don't follow this, so I make the caveat clear to people nowadays.

What's jacked up in @Bravo 4 situation is the friend didn't make the offer to correct his negligence of the property upon discovery. Had to later call and tell B4 to handle it. I know his friend said he would pay the bill, but that is still bad manners. A gunsmith isn't a magician. Some things just can't be brought back to original condition.
I AGREE RETUBN IT IN BETTER SHAPE AND IN A TIMELY MANNER .

Sometimes an old post:
5AE2141B-92A8-4696-BC32-38CEB1A50D00.gif

Failure to maintain ones own weapon is bad, failure to maintain a weapon that somebody else was nice enough to loan out is magnitudes worse. That is grounds for, in the famous words of Roy D. Mercer, "a good old country a$$whoopin".

Feb 2008, feels like an eternity ago doesn't it?

This POST so dam funny😄😄😄.I got caught in it to.Anyway I have ol vanguard Weatherby 7 mm,seen some use,lived in a scabboard,blueing mostly gone,etc.Few nicks here and there.I loan it to you if needed🤣

I will not loan out firearms even to relatives. I learned the hard way when my cousin brought my 5hp Johnson back in a pile of parts in a peach basket from a trip to Canada. Ran motor into sand, blocked water intakes, impeller burned out from sand blockage but still ran it. Thought it was running a little warm. Not running as warm as I was when he dropped it off. I loaned out a 870 and the rust on receiver looked like it was case hardened! Magazine tube had all sorts of watery crud in it. I asked "did you drop in water?" Oh no, just rained hard. Found out later canoe overturned a lucky they found it on bottom.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Only good news out of this was I was able to rebuild the old Johnson and ran decent afterwards. Lucky.

870 not so much, pitted bad and I cleaned up and sold it. Wished I kept it to be the loaner!😂