Just a little teaser

a 150 gr bullet sure would be a zipper in this cartridge. I think I would use the heavier and higher BC offerings. I'm considering the Matrix 165 and 175 as they look like they have a little better from factor than the 170. Also looking at the 165 CEB or maybe getting them to do a 160.

Interesting wildcat Mark, should be a hammer :cool:

What made you go .277 for this one?

t

PS- I saw the teaser title & was expecting to see a 6.5wsm or a 6-284.... :D

Well Tyler, a couple of reasons. I had the brass here that I ordered for a 6.5/300 Dakota that I chickened out on :rolleyes: The brass looked really good and wanted to do something different and badazz with it. That pretty much narrowed it down to the 270 as there is already a 7 Dakota, although slighter smaller than the 300.

I still want to do a 6.5 Dakota project, but not sure if I want to do it off the 7 or 300 case yet. I want to see how the 270 performs with various powders and bullets before deciding how to go with the 6.5 Also want to see how the nitrided barrels hold up.

Well Tyler, a couple of reasons. I had the brass here that I ordered for a 6.5/300 Dakota that I chickened out on :rolleyes: The brass looked really good and wanted to do something different and badazz with it. That pretty much narrowed it down to the 270 as there is already a 7 Dakota, although slighter smaller than the 300.

I still want to do a 6.5 Dakota project, but not sure if I want to do it off the 7 or 300 case yet. I want to see how the 270 performs with various powders and bullets before deciding how to go with the 6.5 Also want to see how the nitrided barrels hold up.

Rock on, just curiousity on my part. .277 has been so obscure (at least in my world) that I forget about the big Matrix or CEB's that actually make the caliber useful. I'm looking forward to more info on your build.

Are you going to run another Howa?

t

Rock on, just curiousity on my part. .277 has been so obscure (at least in my world) that I forget about the big Matrix or CEB's that actually make the caliber useful. I'm looking forward to more info on your build.

Are you going to run another Howa?

t

Yup, that's the plan. I've got a S&W M1500 donor sitting right here next to me. The loaded cases fit very nicely into the box. Need to order a Reamer, Barrel and McMillan stock. Also decided to order a forming die with radius'd shoulder and shoulder/neck junctions.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.