John Burns!!!! Best of the west, DVD

John, I have heard a lot about your show, but cant seem to find it on the guide. I have Direct TV. My friend has Dish Network. Any plans on coming to Direct Tv, and if you are already there, what is your schedule of the show?
Thanks

I think it is a great show! I am in MS and we don't get many far shots down here. My farthest to date was last year in NM hunting antelope. 452 yards ranged using a Tikka T3 in 300wsm w/ a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X50mm w/ the B&C reticle. This was from sitting position w/ a bipod. After alot of range time I was rewarded w/ a 82 5/8" antelope by making this shot. It was a long shot for me as our shots average less than 200 yards in my area. John, you have my respect.

I had hoped this thread would not degrade to anything near personal attacks and such but it appears to me it has.

As I see it the thread was started by a fellow mentioning he enjoyed John Burns show and looks forward to the next show(s) despite previous reviews/comments posted on this site.

Various "I liked it posts" follow.

Couple of turkey hunter comments (for and against turkey hunters apparently).

Then a "I didn't like it" reply and the thread for most intent goes downhill from there...

If you folks have a problem with one another discuss it off-line. No good can come from these open bickering and personal attack replies...they add no value to the thread and in my opinion detract from the LRH site and upset other members.

You may edit your own posts (if you can) or I will edit to what I believe is appropriate (in a few hours).

[ QUOTE ]
When??
Who are you going with??
Maybe we can shoot together.

[/ QUOTE ]
July
My brother and nephews

Yes, we should all shoot together. I'll have a bunch loaded, you will want to at least take a few shots. It's easier to spot for than most guns given the right back drop (bigger dirt splash )

All I can so is WOW!! ...Shaking my head...Dave I know I have no saying in this but i will let you know my feelings...You could delete this whole post and that would be fine by me. Next time I will think about what I post before hiting the submit button. There are alot of great guys on hear and I come and go just because the way this post turned out!(I Go) Like you said Dave we should hash this stuff out in private emails not here!.

I agree Johnny ...This whole post should be deleted! it's a shame though because all I wanted to do was let a fellow LR Hunter know I enjoyed his film...Wrong move I guess????

John,

It still is the best hunting video that I have ever seen. It simply put... gets my blood pumping just watching the "terminal" effects of any superbly executed rifle shot, let alone one captured so vividly on camera! Then to have the vapor trail or "external ballistics" recorded on film as well is genious!

My friends and me here in Georgia can't wait for more. We especially can't wait for the details pertaining to your long range equipment.

In my military travels, I've met many "serious" rifle men all over who are just as intertested in long range shooting as you, me, and the many goods folks here on this site. Unfortunately, many out there are ignorant of just how easily it is to achieve long range successes outside of our military sniper and S.W.A.T. circles.

Of course that success comes "only" by employing the right equipment, learning and using solid ballistics fundamentals, and naturally getting plenty of "effective" long range trigger time. Once all of the above is done, it is the responsible hunter who takes the animal at whatever personal range limitaion he or she establishes.

Your DVD John reveals for the average shooter what can be achieved under the right conditions. Keep plugging the ethics bit at every turn... IMHO your right on course John.

Out side of the military aspects of long range shooting, I myself have always used over-the-counter technoligies. IE, a slightly tweaked stock Sendero .300 WM to 1000 yds. Until I found this website, I though I was the only one doing this type of shooting, especially on live animals (500 yds to 1000 yds). Consequently, I am eating this site up for data and new "to me anyway" technoligies. By the way, my last pet rifle shoots in the .130s-.220s out to 600 yds on a regular basis. I recently had it completely rebuilt by Steven's Accuracy, Brundidge Alabama, and will pick it up soon.

What a thrill it is slamming deer beyond 500 yds on a bean field! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

In the mean time I am already planning on having my next rifle project done by Kirby, or Chris, or another long range shooter here on the site. I just can't decide if I want a fully customed, or another modified M700. I like what I see in all of their attitudes, and plenty here offer much unsolicited recommendation.

John, I want to build a .338 long gun soon, but will wait to see what your next video has to say, just to keep my options open. Besides I just found out that I am heading to Fort Richardson, Alaska this summer. Does anybody know of any Alaskan long range shooting opportunites once there?

Anyway, John, please do keep them coming! God Bless you, your crew, and all of the other long range folks here on this site.

Just as a matter of public record... I hate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif the mudane "short range" apsects of shotgun turkey hunting... especially on T.V..!

Charles

John Burns,
I like your style, the way you express your self.
I just hope B1g b0re can handle it.
I personally trully enjoyed your first dvd. I have to
go buy me another one since I made a present to a
very good friend out of the first one.
Good work! Keep it up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Goodgrouper,
I fully agree with your description of the difference between your ways and John Burns'; now, I don't mean to open a can of worms but what I would like to know is how Mr. Burns deal with difference in altitude, barometric pressure, temperature, humiditiy and whatever else; I can see how you would deal with it but I haven't figured out how he does it. I'm being respectful here; I do have much respect for both of you.
Regards,
Javier

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.