Jewell super excellent customer service

Sam11

I received a new Jewell trigger that I couldn't adjust the creep out of it. Called them and they said to send it back. They wouldn't have received the trigger until yesterday at the earliest or maybe just today. I received a phone call from Brian Jewell late this afternoon wanting to personally apologize for the problem that I had with the defective trigger and was sending me out a replacement new trigger tomorrow. Wow! What more could you ask for in customer service? Lightning fast service, a sincere apology and honesty. We all know that stuff happens in the manufacturing process and now and then a defective product is sent out. No reputable company wants to send out something defective and the honest phone call I received today speaks volumes for this company. I guess this even adds more to the reason to purchase Jewell triggers. Sam.

Sam, is it cheaper to go through Jewel rather than, lets say, Midway or Sinclair. If I were to buy a Jewel 2oz bench rest triger from Midway or Sinclair, it would cost around $200.00 with shipping and handling.

Wildcat

Could you describe the problem you had with the trigger? I have a Jewell on my 700, and have always noticed that the trigger seems to have a lot of take up prior to breaking. I have adjusted the engagement so that it won't fire if I close the bolt hard, and did this in small increments to ensure optimal engagement. At this safe setting, I can pull the trigger, and watch it move a fair amount before it breaks. Not really what I like in a trigger.

Wildcat: I purchased my trigger from Midway. I could have sent it back to Midway for a replacement but I had heard of how great the customer service was with Jewell that I wanted to just deal with them on it. I don't know what Jewell sells them for direct. Sam.

Visigoth: The problem you describe with your trigger is exactly the same thing that was wrong with mine. Even with the sear engagement adjusted just barely off of firing it still had that little bit of take up before the trigger broke. With a safe sear engagement adjustment it had about a half a mile of creep. Send it to them "Attention: Brian" with a description of the problem. I would mention in the note that it had always been this way (if it was). You don't even have to call them as they are just going to tell you the same thing. One thing you should probably try first is to make sure that the trigger pull weight spring is seated in it's spot. If it is setting in there at an angle it could possibly cause a problem. Without taking the adjustment screw out to check it you can tell if it is seated properly by if you have a good range of trigger pull weight adjustment. If the spring is not seated correctly you will only be able to make minor changes in pull weight even if you adjust the screw a lot. Sam.

Sam11: Thanks for the reply. I sent my trigger in yesterday with a detailed note describing the problem. I'll followup soon after Jewell has a look at the trigger. Thanks once again.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.