Is this the right next step?

How do you know how much cant you have without a tool to measure? Do you shoot or hunt in mountains? Why wouldn't you remove every variable you can? Doesn't seem overcomplicated to me :)
Show me a scope-rifle level that measures cant, if set right, they can show you are off slightly, but measure? What difference would terrain make when it comes to leveling a reticle? What makes your environment harsher than the rest of ours that you can't shoot w/o one?
Life is too short to read your drivel, you are on ignore going forward.

Show me a scope-rifle level that measures cant, if set right, they can show you are off slightly, but measure? What difference would terrain make when it comes to leveling a reticle? What makes your environment harsher than the rest of ours that you can't shoot w/o one?
Life is too short to read your drivel, you are on ignore going forward.
I'm amazed you are so emotional. To answer your question, the level shows you are NOT level, where you have no idea. Terrain makes a huge difference because you might think your level, but you aren't. Not saying my environment is more harsh, just saying you cannot tell in steep nasty stuff if you're level.

I'm amazed you are so emotional. To answer your question, the level shows you are NOT level, where you have no idea. Terrain makes a huge difference because you might think your level, but you aren't. Not saying my environment is more harsh, just saying you cannot tell in steep nasty stuff if you're level.
Emotional? Emotional? If laughter is an emotion, I am guilty as all get out. To me you are amusing, I get it, a level reticle is good thing, that has never been in question, I just see guys making fantastic shots who have never owned one. I have used them, today my usage is 10%, now we are back to the crutch, you need one, others do not.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.