Is this really true

I have read several places that all else being equal a ffp is brighter than a sfp. Specifically I am looking at nightforce ffp vs. Sfp. From what I understand it's because a ffp has less lenses.
Would you please provide references for those claims? Have you called Nightforce directly?
I asked NF your exact question, and below is their response.

Nightforce response on FFP is brighter than SFP..jpg

Never heard of this but there's a scientific way to find out! Mount one of each kind of scope onto two different rifles. With the left eye, stare into the sun through one scope for 45 seconds. With the right eye, stare into the sun through the other scope for 45 seconds. Wait a few minutes for things to even out and then conduct an at-home eye examination to see which eye is the most blinded. The eye that is most damaged by the sun was looking through the brighter scope. It's science!

Hilarious

Never heard of this but there's a scientific way to find out! Mount one of each kind of scope onto two different rifles. With the left eye, stare into the sun through one scope for 45 seconds. With the right eye, stare into the sun through the other scope for 45 seconds. Wait a few minutes for things to even out and then conduct an at-home eye examination to see which eye is the most blinded. The eye that is most damaged by the sun was looking through the brighter scope. It's science!
You left the lens covers on again didn't you!