Is this real? Nikon is getting out of the Scope game?!?!

Speculation is that they are getting out because they don't want to face the anti 2nd mob or be boycotted by them.
Interesting though that they decide to continue with their rangefinders.....

I think it is...what is the reasoning? Is this a sign showing shooting sports in general are on a decline? I always hate to see big name brands drop shooting or hunting related items.
I think they were way behind the game with tacticool scopes. I don't think their black line of scopes did real well. They tried a vortex no fault policy and it must have wrecked them.

Wouldn't be as bad, but they won't honor warranties on previously purchased scopes. If you buy a new scope today, no warranty. The value of a Nikon scope has been greatly decreased.

Wouldn't be as bad, but they won't honor warranties on previously purchased scopes. If you buy a new scope today, no warranty. The value of a Nikon scope has been greatly decreased.
I think they have a warranty still dont they? Its just like 5 or 7 years now.

I think it is a good opportunity to buy good glass cheap. If it goes bad later on you can replace it with a more expensive scope. Since I don't go on safari or to Alaska my risk is a LOT lower than many of the more fortunate fellows on this board, so otherwise take my advice with a grain of salt.

I have had several Nikon Monarch scopes. ALL of them where very good scopes.
When you purchase a product that stateS it has a "lifetime" warranty and then the company backs away from that warranty, well IMO that's enough to kill a company.
A large part in the decision to make the purchase is the " LIFETIME WARRANTY" That warranty has a monetary value! While I will continue to enjoy my Nikon scopes, I won't EVER buy another one.

So their scopes still have a limited lifetime warranty on optical components. Buying them on the cheap now with that warranty isn't a bad deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.