Is this a reasonable price on a Rem 5R?

TORCHRIDER

I am going tomorrow to look at a NIB Remington 5R from a local guy for $1100. It's the 24" stainless threaded version. For that price it includes a Leupold Mk4 scope base and a KRG bolt lift knob. No tax and no paperwork in Texas. Sounds like it may be a decent deal. Thoughts? Recommendations?

I would buy it for that price. I have the exact rifle and it shoots the 215 Berger unbelievable. It is worth every penny of $1100.

I would buy it for that price. I have the exact rifle and it shoots the 215 Berger unbelievable. It is worth every penny of $1100.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be shooting the 208 AMAX to begin with as I have LOTS of them. Do you have any experience with them? I assume they will shoot decently, but every rifle is unique.

Farmerbrown, I have a Rem 5R with a Leupold Mark 4 scope. It shoots the 175 SMk and 178 Amax great. Always looking for bigger and better ways to win a lunch bet with my friends at the 300 yard range. Please tell me more about your load data for the 215 Bergers.

Tom

Not that it matters, but is this the 308 or 300WM? I saw a 300 WM 5R for about $1200 local. They seem like they are shooters.

I have never shot the 208 amax out of this rifle, but I'm sure they will shoot just fine also. I am shooting 74 grains of retumbo with the 215. I just seat the bullet to mag length and shoot it. This load shoots one hole 3 shot groups at 100 and 1/4 moa at 1000.

That is exciting to hear. I just picked up the rifle and it looks great. Thanks for the help.

I have never shot the 208 amax out of this rifle, but I'm sure they will shoot just fine also. I am shooting 74 grains of retumbo with the 215. I just seat the bullet to mag length and shoot it. This load shoots one hole 3 shot groups at 100 and 1/4 moa at 1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.