Is the STW right for me?

Western Montana:p See my frustration? This year I actually found elk, had several in my sights. However it was a bull only area.
I went back to the same area where I saw the 40 cows at. Four miles back and some jerk had managed to get a snow machine of sorts back in there. Drove right through the bedding area.
Next year I'm going with a buddy and his horses during archery season.

I hunted a private ranch. There were seven bulls killed when I left after the third day. $2500 fee which did not include room, tent or food. IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg hopefully the photos attached

Weatherby Mark V 7MM STW
Steiner Predator Extreme 3x12x56
Winchester Model 70 Classic SS
Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x50
Weatherby Mark V 240 Wby Mag
Minox 3x15x42

I've been trying for a special draw tag for several years where I know the outfitter personally. Hopefully some day... My buddy is an ex guide and has lots of luck with elk on his family's ranch. So next year he's cashing in on all our goose trips I'm taking him on for an elk.
Not sure I'd pay that much for an elk being a Montana resident unless it was for this special draw area.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.