Which Dies for the STW

MOG

G'day guys,
I have just bought a LH WIN MOD 70, new haven sporter in 7STW and am now after a good set of dies, I normally use RCBS but as this has somewhat more legs than my other rifles I am thinking of precision dies.

My question is what do you guys recommend? At this stage I am looking at using the 160 Nosler Accubond as my projectile so no need for a die that is specificly for VLD's. initially it's for 600m max and game including Elk and Mt Goats.

Thanks in advance I am getting a little excited to say the least!!! I love working on new reloading projects.

Regards,

Mog

I have RCBS and Redding dies for the STW. They both have allowed me to shoot super small groups with my rifle. So I feel either of those 2 brands should be sufficient.

I use a Forster Bench Rest Full Length Sizer Die and a Forster Ultra Micrometer Seater Die.

I'm consistently shoot .25 MOA - .33 MOA 3 shot groups @ 100.

Im using Redding Competition dies. These are one of the best made.Pricey, but make perfectly straight ammo. Seated bullet runout will make good grouping impossible. Started with Lee dies. They were junk. all rounds had .005"-.006" runout.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.