Whats the best grain bullet for long range from the STW?

I do not think Remington ever made a Sendero SFII in the 7mm STW caliber.
Good catch...They didn't make a production one, to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure they stopped the Senderos in 7mm STW in 2003 with the Sendero SF model. But I'm sure they could have made a few custom shop ones, or a few dealer special ones since the production halt.

Just like I've heard lots of folks argue that Remington never factory chambered the .257 Weatherby before....But we all know that started out back in 2009 as a limited edition (700 LSS LE) 1 year chambering that sold so fast, they now offer the CDL SF chambered in it as a full production caliber.

Maximum distance and size of game should be considered when choosing the bullet for the job. We hunt elk so I tend to lean toward sectional density and higher BC for less drift, more energy and terminal damage at longer distance. I have built, owned and shot many 7mm-300 wins which are very close in ballistics to the STW. I will load nothing less than a 180 gr high BC bullet for my type of use. If you plan to keep it relatively short distances under 500 yards then that could be different. But on elk I want the heaviest bullet at any distance. I load for the best results on the longest pokes I would ever take, the larger bullets prove to have less drift and drop when stretching out a 7. And I have tested this side by side in the field.

Jeff

PS: this is assuming you have a 9 twist.

+1. Best advice in this thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.