Is the ATF shutting down FFL’s due to their zero tolerance policy?

Mrvmax

I'm a home based FFL, been one since 2010. The ATF can audit yearly but it ends up being about every three years in my area.

I have had four audits since I've had my license with my last audit being yesterday. Two of the IOI's (what the ATF employees are called who do the audits) were good and two have been less than personable.

So to my point, yesterday my audit was completed and I give the IOI an "A" rating. He was thorough yet courteous and helpful. He found four minor issues that he could have held against me, yet he just let me correct them while he was there.

Perhaps some FFLs are being revoked, but my experience was a good one and what I'd expect from the ATF. Kudos to those guys out of the Houston office.

Just wanted to share a real life experience so you guys will know what is actually happening.

The intent of my post is to show that there must not be an organization wide policy to shut down FFLs. I've read stories stating they are trying to shut down home based ffls. Apparently that's not totally true.