Is tactical really not practical?

That is a Manners T5 with LongRifles Inc ULTAC 2.4 adjustable cheek hardware installed.

t

What do you think of the Manner's mini chassis? I have several manner's, but I haven't tried the mini chassis yet. Everything I've heard to this point is positive, though.

What do you think of the Manner's mini chassis? I have several manner's, but I haven't tried the mini chassis yet. Everything I've heard to this point is positive, though.

The stock in the picture has the mini-chassis in it. It works so far? lol I really haven't had enough time behind it to say one way or another. I've used chassis' before with zero complaints. I don't expect anything different from this one. I can say, the Alpha WSM mags i'm running fit TIGHT! Which is good in that they don't rattle but there could be an issue seating a mag while in a hurry etc & not getting them fully seated.

t

I am one of those guys that doesn't have one rifle for each type of animal/hunt...

This year I am building my long range rifle. I plan on hunting 650-1000 yards for the same animals where possible. I bought the Remington 700 Sendero SF II as my base chambered in 300 WIN. I always wanted to build a "tactical" long range rifle but it seems that isn't very popular in the long range hunting world. I am not a fan of the HS-precision stock that comes on the sendero. It is a very well built stock but just does not fit me right at all. I am looking to replace the stock with a B&C Medalist A5 fully adjustable. Being a former Marine, I am and always will believe in and enjoy the tactical realm. A tactical build vs traditional long range build is pretty much what I'm trying to weigh out.

Anyone have any ideas/experience either way? Any info is much appreciated.

Those Sundero's are very nice out of the box. My dad has a 300 it has a lil more mustard than I like... no brake and bit lite etc... but shoots great .5 moa all day.

I try to get as much function out of my weapons as possible. If I can not hunt an animal with one of my guns for what ever reason or reasons how will I use it to protect myself and/or family against man? They HAVE to be durabile and reliable.
More important that tactical is functional maybe even adaptive.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.