Install 2nd swivel stud?

USMCSSGT

I tried carrying my rifle with the sling on my bipod. Very uncomfotable to say the least.
I want to install a second swivel (like tactical stock). How far away from the front swivel is a standard second swivel mount?
This is on a Bell & Carlson medalist stock so it has aluminum the whole length of the stock.

Typically a second stud is located about 2" behind the first. You're free to put it where you want. Do you use your sling for support when shooting or just for carry?
images

You could also put a spigot bipod mount at the end of the stock and use the existing swivel for your sling ike the bipod mount used by Accuracy International. The lower center of gravity gives the rifle less tendency to fall over on it's side. AI stocks come with the bipod fitting.
accuracy-international-aw50.jpg

I've converted McMillan stocks to use that mount. Never tried a Bell & Carlson.

On mine I put clear packing tape on the stock then put down 2 sided carpet tape and played with the bipod location till i found where it was comfortable to pack and a comfortable spot while proned out in the mud. Then I marked a hole where it was close, lined it up afte removing the bipod and tape and put it in. On my .223 laminate stock I had stiffened the foreend up with 1/4" rebar and #9 lead shot (itis a very stiff stock now and balances well with NO muzzle jump), when i installed the 2nd stud I actually got into the rebar, instead of trying to drill and tap through it I oversized the hole, filled it full of JB weld and put the stud in. 4 years later it is still there and solid as ever.

I think 2.5'' is another standard center line. You can also mount a Seekin short bottom rail, callled SRS this could hold a flash light packing in dark, or a bipod mount. I have one for my Atlas and one on my varmiter also, nice for swapping bipod.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.