Insert for Single Shot Conversion - REM 700??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by royinidaho, Sep 29, 2005.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Read about this in a post while at work. Searches have resulted in zilth. I tried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Question: There is an insert to "glue" into a REM 700 receiver that makes it a single shot.

Found 2 @ Midway:
    1)ECT Remington 700 Bench Rest Follower
    2)Score High Bench Rest Follower.

Neither of these sound like what I read about in I believe was a "Kirby" post.

Suggestions? Thanks...

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

3. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Yes its all mentioned in Buffalobobs link. This is the best single shot insert system I have found and the only one I use. Very cost effective and high quality as well.

Kirby Allen(50)

4. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

thanks for the same recommendation a few weeks ago,it really looks sweet in that action.i'm pretty sure the # in brownells is 100-000-618 for a long action.

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Buffalobob,

Thanks for the link. I searched my butt off and came up with nothing. Guess I got Brownell's and Midway confused. How'd you do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW wait till you see my latest Rube Goldberg thing. Its a sound suppressor for shooting big noise makers in rual residential neighborhoods (Like where I live) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sweet! Only limitation is that it requires a Holland brake to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Roy

I like single shot actions and had thought about what Dave asked many times myself. I was really interested in the answer and I learned something about the importance of stock stiffness. Being a very messy person myself, I remembered Kirby cautioning Dave about being careful with the epoxy. I had the mental picture of me doing it and having goo all over the inside and outside of the action and having to throw the whole thing away.

So I ran a search on "epoxy" in the text and "Kirby" as the poster. It popped right up.

Concerning your new contraption -Which jail should I visit you in when the Waco kids from ATF catch you with that thing on the end of your barrel?