LOOKING for REMINGTON or clone SINGLE SHOT ACTION

etisll40

I want to go to a Single shot for my 7 STW, it sits on a Stiller Predator action right now. I'm going to convert my repeater to a 300 win mag.

I love my Broughton 7 stw barrel, I just want to go single shot, I'd guess a gunsmith could do this for me?

Anyone got a true single shot action to sell me or trade possibly? Not the Stiller, but I have plenty of STUFF, rifles, shotguns, pistols, revolvers, etc...

Thanks,
Ed

I want to go to a Single shot for my 7 STW, it sits on a Stiller Predator action right now. I'm going to convert my repeater to a 300 win mag.

I love my Broughton 7 stw barrel, I just want to go single shot, I'd guess a gunsmith could do this for me?

Anyone got a true single shot action to sell me or trade possibly? Not the Stiller, but I have plenty of STUFF, rifles, shotguns, pistols, revolvers, etc...

Thanks,
Ed
'

You'll most likely be looking for a custom action, and most are similar to the 700 style, but not exact copies. Savage does a single shot in the 112, but not sure it's long enough for a full length 300 H&H case length. I think a Polar Bear is what you want (Borden), but not sure it's offered in a single shot. Give them a call
gary

I'll check Borden out Gary, I think trigger versatility gets me to a rem clone. I've got a Savage 116 and I like the accuracy and such but I don't want to go Savage on this type of single shot. Thanks you.

Predator comes in single shot. I have one on a wsm.

Also any smith can put a single shot adapter plate in the bottom of your current action real easy and cheap. Brownell and Sinclair sell them.

Stay Stiller, the Borden is a better action but it's 18 TPI which would mean cutting of the entire tenon of the current barrel and rechambering.

I like the sound of a Borden action but I don't know what 18 TPI means? I assume my stw barrel on the stiller will need it's threads recut? reamed again? I don't want to effect the accuracy of the barrel? Does that help? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.