Input for Optic Choices for Current LR Build

I tried a bunch of Bushnell scopes at a shoot they sponsored, all the LRS, ERS, etc., the tactical line, so no not the LHRS but I assume it's the same glass ?? While I was very impressed with Bushnell's step up to a $1,500 level scope I think the only thing lacking is the glass, while it is good, but not on par with other offerings in that price range. Their old 4200 series glass was the best Bushnell glass I have looked thru but I no longer have it so I can't compare. In the ~$1,000 range I would give the edge to the Burris XTRII glass or S111 glass over the Bushnell. The rest of the scope performed far above my expectations though. I'm not knocking your choice, just my opinion with my eyes, that are just starting to need reading glasses, which I'll probably have to get once the Sierra fishing season starts if I want to tie a hook on.

I was able to go and look through all the scopes on my list again this weekend and I am going to go with the Kahles K624i with SKMR 3 reticle. It has great glass and weight!

I as well as two others all agreed that to our eyes the Kahles was brighter than the S&B PMII. I was surprised but it was undeniable that the Kahles was brighter to my eyes.

I ended up going a different direction with my scope. Turns out Kahles is having manufacturing problems with the new SKMR3 reticle scopes and the release date of them is now unknown. With that being the case I was back to square one in my search. Today I lucked out and got a great deal on a Schmidt Bender PMII 3-20x50 H59. It was on sale for $2750, regular $4080 at this place. I had never included the SB in my initial search as I didn't want to go above the $3k mark. Safe to say I am stoked about this scope!!! Can't wait to mount it and shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts