current available LRF best choice

uncle_creepy

this area seems to me an ever evolving technology and I wanted to get some current feedback. I am looking to buy a LRF that will range deer potentially up to 800 - 1K. What say you on what model you have that is consistant and functional. I am really hoping to keep this to actual user reviews and not editorials and unfounded opinions please. I mean no disrespect but a topic like this can get off center in a hurry.
semper fi

I have the Leica 1200 and have not had any problems with it. I've ranged up to 1,000yds off-hand. If I were going to buy another one today I'd look hard at the G7 from Gunwerks because it advertises to be able to load your ballistic data, then calculates the atmospherics, angle, and drop off your data. The only drawback I see is that it's bigger than my 1200. My 1200 fits nicely in my breast pocket. The new one from Leica is the 1600 but I've read mixed reviews. Plenty here have bought the 1600 and can add comments. It would be nice to get some field reviews of the G7.

Gordon

Uncle_Creepy,
I have the Zeiss Victory 8x lotutec and have ranged deer out to 965 yards. Have only had it a few months. Very fast and accurate. I really like this rangefinder. Hope it helps. By the way if you like the Zeiss. Optics planet has them or can get them at a great price. They buy the demos from dealers. I bought my demo for $ 425.00. It was flawless.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.