Inherited a 280 Rem.

I inherited a Remington 700 BDL in 280 Rem, would anyone want to share load data? I have some Berger 140 VLD hunting bullets on hand. I only have Staball 6.5 at the moment, but I'll try to find whatever I need.
My mod 70 has 1/9 Douglas Palma contour. I went with the 150 grain Sierra Match Kings. Sierra's accuracy load is 44.4 of Re 15. That gave me pressure signs. I dropped back to 44.2. That was the best. I could hold the X ring @ 600 yds. Federal brass. Federal match primers. HTH

I like Staball 65. It is a newer powder so not as many using it yet. When H4350 was so hard to find, Staball 65 hit the market. I am using Staball 65 with 65CM with great results. I just loaded some 3006 with Staball (no range trip yet) and I plan on loading some 280AI with Staball 65. Try it.
Hodgdon has some excellent data for you on the 280AI with 65 StaBall.

The 28o Remmy is a wonderful cartridge ,it is too bad that Remington made so many blunders with a lot of the cartridges it developed. Twist rifles they were stuffed into. Put the 280 in a bolt rifle and a 24" barrel and it is superb,I used 4350 and R22 and N205 in it,and it was great. The main thing with any rifle is to use it as it was designed and not something that you dream about. Stabul 6.5 is wonderful in my Creed 147 group at 3/8 or less now for a 3 shot group, no fowlers and the rifle does what it was supposed to do,went back to SR Primers ,Lapua 6mm brass oped to 6.5 and getting 8-10 loads per firing as the large rifle primer was 4-5 loads per firing,just have to play with them, Pete

I usually do the same with my manuals, but I'm starting all over right now. I lost twenty years of reloading supplies, equipment and manuals to a fire. Hopefully the new house will be finished soon, so I can start my hobby again.
If you're interested in heavier bullets I can find you the threads dealing with them. But I think your barrel twist is 1-9.25", is that correct?

I usually do the same with my manuals, but I'm starting all over right now. I lost twenty years of reloading supplies, equipment and manuals to a fire. Hopefully the new house will be finished soon, so I can start my hobby again.
Sorry to hear that. I'd probably just quit loading if it happened to me. I've got. 40+ years worth of it. Would be a sight to see when the 80 + pounds of powder caught up.

I had about 50lbs and 6,000 primers. The volunteer firefighters were a little hesitant to enter that room, there was a lot of popping. Lol
I bet! I keep most of my stuff as climate controlled as possible. Inside the house. I have out building for reloading. If either caught fire I'd loose a lot of equipment or components. Was professional firefighter before becoming paramedic years ago. I'm not slamming Vol firefighters, we need them in rural areas. Its just the response time for most of them. Some firefighters called them chimney savers.

I have used IMR-4350 for years with 139 to 145 grain bullets with great results. 55.5 grains was my load for years. The 280 is easy to load for and gives great performance. Always start your loads at least 10% below max and work up carefully. Every rifle is different. Good luck with your 280. It's a great all-round cartridge. DD62
+1 on IMR4350… my go to for 280 Remington for range of 120 to 150 grain bullets.

Once you choose and develop a successful load, you will enjoy shooting/hunting/loading with your .280 Remington. I hunted/loaded/shot that cartridge for 30+ years with great success and pleasure. It's a very under appreciated cartridge that is very efficient and effective. Recoil is very tolerable and will be able to harvest game up to elk size at moderate distances. 140-160 grain bullets for me worked best. Good luck!