280 Rem. VS. 280 Rem. Ackley inp.?

Forrest Ebert

Hello;
Has anyone had any experience with the Ackley version? If so could you let me know what your thoughts are on this caliber vs. the standard 280 .
Any data would be much appreciated.
I'm looking at building on a 700 action ,26" 3 groove 1@9" twist tube.

gun)

I had a 30-06 ackley and loved it. A friend has the 280 ackley with a 27.5 inch barrel and gets 7 rem velocity fairly easy. I shot standard cases for a long time in mine up until I had 300 fired formed cases then started loading. Hopes it helps. I would ackley again if I get the chance.

Forrest do a search on the 280ai -you'll find lots of people here have them and love them.
Nothing wrong w/ the 280 .
It takes very little time and work to fireform your brass -i'm going to try and get some RWS 280 brass to use in my new 280ai.

Mine was built by 308nate -nathan dagley -a board member here straightshotgunsmithing.
It's a rem 700 adl blueprinted w/a broughton 28'' 4.1 magnum contour- 5 c rifling barrel w/a muzzle brake.HS Precision stock -zeiss conquest 6.5x20-50.
Ain't never fired a shot -waiting on rings and good brass.

Powder of choice for me vit. n-165 w/162gr hornady amax -,reloader 22 was highly recommended also.
Do a search -lots of info....-Mike

Check out the October edition of "Shooting Times". there is an article by Layne Simpson and a "Favorite Loads" section from same. The 280AI has been legitimized and is now a factory cartiridge. Nosler is loading ammo and making rifles for it. Good article(s), good round. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.