Inexpensive way to clean brass

putting your brass in the oven at any temp is a sure way to have the dragon blowing fire and brimstone.
In an old stock pot cover the brass with clean water and boil for a couple of minites then while the water is still boiling dump them out in your media seporator and shake, any left over drops will immediately eveaporate

Only if the oven temperature exceeds the temperature necessary to anneal the brass the cartridge is constructed of.

200F is no where near annealing temp. Your home oven consist of a pottery kiln? My kitchen oven won't reach annealing temps at its highest programmable setting!

Only if the oven temperature exceeds the temperature necessary to anneal the brass the cartridge is constructed of.

200F is no where near annealing temp. Your home oven consist of a pottery kiln? My kitchen oven won't reach annealing temps at its highest programmable setting!
the "dragon" is your wife and if she is anything like my wife there is not a chance that she would put up with anything ammo related in the kitchen

I did anneal a batch of just tumbled and still wet brass. It was entertaining to have water shot out as steam when they fell case mouth down and they did dry off pretty quickly. It did sacrifice a bit of rotation, but nothing I'd worry about.

D A P : How do you dry them, I would think if just left laying on something some of the solution would puddle in side the case and take a long time to evaporate, Do you stand them up a certain way or put them in the oven to dry them? Good luck hunting and be safe.

I rinse with hot water, dry out on the heater, or throw them in a pillow case in the box of the truck to dry out.

The fastest dying method I found so far is tying the pillow case with brass in it under the hood of the truck.
A quick drive down the hyw drys the brass out fast. Ha.

My reloading station is in the cab of my truck or at the shooting range.

4 bags full of reloading supplies is a must.

Western Canada Don

That sure beats a lot of driving back and forth, and sure to get a load worked up in a fraction of the time. I used to take along a fly tying vise and hooks, hackles, Ect. just enough to match the hatch that could be coming off a limestoner that I always used to fish. You probably did the same. Just what you needed to work on a certain load or two. I mounted my vise to a very small desk. It was like a little set of drawers that you could set on a bigger table. What did you fasten the press to, a heavy board, and then load shells on the tailgate or an unoccupied shooting bench? Good luck hunting in 2018 and be safe.

the "dragon" is your wife and if she is anything like my wife there is not a chance that she would put up with anything ammo related in the kitchen

Just bought my wife a new Black Stainless oven to match all the rest of the Black stainless in the house...she just barely lets me touch it...gun or ammo related stuff...:eek:

I'd be looking for new sleeping arrangement's!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.