Imr4350 vs h4350

if i was you i would use h-4350 now. it is an "extreme powder" , or re-17
Pure BULL.

You better back off & work up when swapping either 4350, or any other powders on a scale. Each changes lot-to-lot. My current IMR4350 is slower than H4350(and also more temp stable).
This actually allows me to get more velocity than I should be able to with it(just with more powder).
We really should demand a 'system' with meaning for powder comparison...

It seems like i've read somewhere that a-max are ok for 1in9... i'm hoping that when this experiment is done i have no bullets and powder that way if it doesn't work I've got nothing left...

Waaaaahahahaha! I like the way ya think Shartshooter243! I have an 8 twist and shoot the 105 Amax but I'm pumping them out a little faster I reckon. I have a 6mm06AI which is in the experimental stages, so I feel your pain.

Tom

I like 243 for some reason, maybe it is what I got started with. I Had a really good Gun Smith- didn't think much of .25 cal. I always wanted a 257 WB . No, I don't. I am frustrated with IMR 4350 or maybe I have a bad crony. My ballistics never show book speed . I am particulary frustratrated with my 300 WBY's . Prhaps the new IMR 8082 will suffice. Yes , I have tried IMR 7828. Most powders I try don't seem to to make book . Close but no cigar. Good Luck , hope our paths cross. :cool:

Redhead, the 6mm-06AI is an Encore barrel, so yes, they are cheap in comparison. You are right by the way, by the time I fireform and get a load figured out (which I still haven't) I'll most likely be on barrel #3. LoL

Sharpshooter243. Just read over the old post. Sorry for spelling your name wrong. I did get a chuckle out of it however. Still a little embarrassed, it must have been late.

Tom

Hay all this is the first post I'ev found on IMR4350. I am new at this got a lot to learn. Got a .06 & a 7 rem mag I am using them 1 cal. 1 book books. It is the one most common used powder for both calibers and the pet load from nosler. .06 165gr 57.0 2832fps I'ev havent bought it yet or bullets got the primers WLR. I think it will make it easy on me my choices are huge. What U all think?

Hay all this is the first post I'ev found on IMR4350. I am new at this got a lot to learn. Got a .06 & a 7 rem mag I am using them 1 cal. 1 book books. It is the one most common used powder for both calibers and the pet load from nosler. .06 165gr 57.0 2832fps I'ev havent bought it yet or bullets got the primers WLR. I think it will make it easy on me my choices are huge. What U all think?

CVA54, I would get a pound of what ever powder you like then start testing bullets first. Once you find one that your rifle really seems to shoot well, then start playing with the powders. After that, I'd begin experimenting with seating length. Two very important things though to remember is to get your FL sizer die set up correctly (there are a lot of threads on here about that) then lock it down with a lock ring. After that, just remember to only ever change one variable at a time.

Use the "search" on this sight to find answers to any question you have. chances are very good that five hundred people before you have already asked the same question and you will be able to find instant answers. If you still can't find what you need, ask. The guys on here are very helpful.

Good Luck
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.