Improving a barrel by lapping.

I used the Tubbs Final Finish on a rough bore 25-06 Sendero that was a copper factory. It worked as advertised.

Between my brother and I we have RESURRECTED DOZENS of abused, " worn out ", shotgun pattern rifles... most estate and pawn shop finds...

Tubbs final finish works WONDERS...

ESPECIALLY FOR COPPER MONOS

#1 recrown barrel

#2 cut 1/4" to 1/2" off chamber and rechamber to a cartridge you like That iscof larger case diameter

#3 put on a EFFECTIVE muzzle brake, I prefer the old ANSWER PRODUCTS brake from Minnesota

#4 marine tex bedding AND pillar bedding on a refinishedrecheckered, free floated stock

#5 new springs

#6 trigger job

#7;tubbs final finish...

I have devolped a love for all old ruger m77 and model 70 winchesters with heavy barrels, never failed to get sub moa groups at 200 yards, 3/4 moa is the norm...

I have a 722 stock, winchester post 64 action, ruger m77 barrel with answer brake assembled from $75 parts at a pawn shop in Moses Lake Wa in 1995.... 1/2moa to 3/4moa with factory 06 ammo over 25 years now....

Here's my 722 in 257roberts, made in 1950 and sporting a handcrafted wooden stock and leather sling that my friend's grandfather made. Old Weaver K4 scope. When my friend gave it to me, the barrel looked furry as you looked down it. I'd hate to borescope this thing but it still shoots sub MOA with most anything 117 -120gn. My 100gn loads can get a bit squirrely with velocity.View attachment 210187
I really like the sling. I like the rifle too. Im going back to classic looks with my next rifles.

1-12 twist on the .244 The 6mm is 1-10 twist.,

Really ? I never would have guessed as it was the ONLY reason the OLIN bribed gunwriters killed the 244.

Fast Forward" The 80 gr Barnes is faster and will kill just as dead as any "correct twist" 100 gr 6mm.

An inconvenient fact: a 100 gr bullet in a 244 will shoot "minute of big game" at any range within its potential kill envelope, as the 2nd photo in my first post shows.

Really ? I never would have guessed as it was the ONLY reason the OLIN bribed gunwriters killed the 244.

Fast Forward" The 80 gr Barnes is faster and will kill just as dead as any "correct twist" 100 gr 6mm.

An inconvenient fact: a 100 gr bullet in a 244 will shoot "minute of big game" at any range within its potential kill envelope, as the 2nd photo in my first post shows.
Where are you getting all this info on "bribed writers" as I'm curious and just exactly what is a minute of big game, lots of big game lots of different sizes so that's a really broad spectrum, if your talking 1MOA thats perfectly acceptable, And Unless I missed it no one said anything about the 80gr Barnes not working

Your second photo was with 95gr SST correct?????? so you have no proof of this so that makes this statement invalid

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.