I would like to see Berger make ____

190gr or 200gr hybrid for the 7mm

How about we split the difference on the weight? Got a little info the other day from Bob Beck. EOL has partnered with Berger and will be releasing a couple of new bullets available through EOL (if I understand that part correctly). They (Berger) are working on a 195 grain .284/7mm that should be out in late may. The B/C is still yet to be determined. Also, there will be a .270 170 grain .703 B/C coming out around late April.

I personaly am glad to hear that a .375 is finally going to be made, as I rebarreled 338 rum to this with great anticipation of the future. I believe that its the best caliber for long range hunting for any game animal.

ShawnB,

We should have the 7mm 168 gr Hybrid Hunting bullets available in the next few months.

Regards,
Eric

Geez, all this talk of new bullets is fantastic. But, how about a reloading manual for the ones you already have before we get to crazy? Berger has a very large listing of bullets with no official reloading data released!

This is an excellent point. I can assure you that those working on the new bullets are not the same people who are working on the manual. The new bullets have no impact on when the manual will be available.

I can relay that the manual content is finished and we are in the final edit phase. We are close to being finished but it is very important to me that we look things over carefully before we go to the publisher.

Regards,
Eric

This is an excellent point. I can assure you that those working on the new bullets are not the same people who are working on the manual. The new bullets have no impact on when the manual will be available.

I can relay that the manual content is finished and we are in the final edit phase. We are close to being finished but it is very important to me that we look things over carefully before we go to the publisher.

Regards,
Eric

Eric, Your grade A! I appreciate that things take time. The last thing you want to do is publish something that is potentially dangerous. We all appreciate the willingness of you and others who represent Berger Bullets to listen to those using your products. It's what has made your company and our country great!

Tumbleweed,

For the 7mm 195 grain EOL line of Berger Bullets, the estimated B.C. Is .794
Yes EOL has partnered up with Berger to develop a line of ultra heavy, crazy high B.C. bullets under the EOL brand. The first two offerings will be the .270 caliber 170 grain at .703 B.C. And the 7mm for the second. Once we get our wind back from these two we will be looking at a heavy .257 next. These bullets will only be available at our online store for a while. Go to Extreme Outer Limits TV | Hosted By Bob and Chris Beck | Your Long Range Authority then click on the long range store to find them.

I would like to see Berger produce a 338 bullet in the 250 gr. class maybe even 225 ,if you could get the BC high enough like .65-7, as an option to the 300gr. What do you suppose the 250 gr would get BC wise somewhere around .7 G1 I would think, right? What else would you like to see berger or other manufacturer produce?

They can easily do so, but the problem is it has to be shootable. If it can't be stabilized by normal guns, it's not much use to an anybody. That's where the research needs to be, in stabilizing these long slender bullets that require so much spin.

Im not a quarter bore fan BUT a good HEAVY 25 would be awesome. Details up to you guys but the only bergers I shoot at game are always heavy for caliber. I wonder how many horror story tellers were shooting light for caliber? My 6-284 with 115vlds wouldnt scare me on any hooved animal in America. IDEAL? Maybe not but astounding damage and penetration. Elmer Keith understood SD. Many people seem not too and then blame the bullet.

@JimBoIHN,

Sir, I think you are missing the point of what is being released. Both the 25 cal and the 27 cal have been utterly Ham Strung since inception by the constraints of the 1:10 twist barrels. They simply will not stabilize the long, heavy for caliber bullets that long range shooters need.

EOL and Berger have decided to take a chance and release these Really Nice bullets. We can only hope there are enough Custom Rifle Owners out there who will Jump at these new bullets. The thing is, Custom Rifles can Easily be tailored to suit the 170gr. .277 bullet. Simply spec out an 8 twist barrel and you are GTG.

Kind of the Chicken and Egg scenario really. I for one am thinking very seriously about building a .277 Ruger Wildcat just for these EOL bullets. In fact I have pretty much fully decided that is exactly what I will do. Thus, I will certainly do my part to help bullet sales of these heavy for caliber bullets.

Now Bob Beck says a .257 will be next.... **** You Bob! :) Haha. Ok so next year I build a .25 of some kind...hmmmmm....time to start plotting and planning... I wonder if a .257 RCM might .......... :D

@Bob Beck / Berger Bullets -- I would like very much to see a heavy 6.5 pill. Say about 160 grains or so... :) There are *A-LOT* of factory rifles out there that could put such a pill to very good use! The old M96 has a 1:7.5 or so twist.. most current 6.5x55 swedes are 8 twist... I know the Howa 6.5x55 is an 8 twist for sure.

Thank you!
Gary

@JimBoIHN,

Sir, I think you are missing the point of what is being released. Both the 25 cal and the 27 cal have been utterly Ham Strung since inception by the constraints of the 1:10 twist barrels. They simply will not stabilize the long, heavy for caliber bullets that long range shooters need.

EOL and Berger have decided to take a chance and release these Really Nice bullets. We can only hope there are enough Custom Rifle Owners out there who will Jump at these new bullets. The thing is, Custom Rifles can Easily be tailored to suit the 170gr. .277 bullet. Simply spec out an 8 twist barrel and you are GTG.

Gary

It will be interesting to see how the Berger 170 stabilizes, we have been shooting 165 Matrix bullets in out 270's for nearly two years with a 1-10 twist and the WSM's will stabilize even the 175 in a 1-10 twist but I'm at 5000+ft and have favorable conditions. The Berger 170 is the same length as the Matrix 175.

Also jacked to see the 257 get some love!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.