I was robbed !!!

James Jones

I took a half day off work to enjoy the great weather and calm wind to go shoot my new 260 and see if I could strech it out to 800yds or so. I packed up my shooting bench and portable reloading bench and "tackle"box and headed out to my hunting lease , I diden't get to shoot out past 500yds due to some folks out their scouting but I found several great loads with a couple differant bullets and soth a few sub 2" groups at 500yds !!!

Very pleased I packed up and started home , I had to stop for fuel and to shake hands with shorty , thw whole 2 mins I was inside paying and going to the bathroom some rotten bastard cleaned out the back of my truck!!! took my bench , all my reloading supplies and portable bench , luckly I had my rifle in the cab and locked out of habit.

The part that realy ****es me off is that this stuff with probably end up in a pawnshop sold for 1/10 what its worth for drugs

Did you check to see if the station had surveillance cameras ?

Man that stinks - ihate it for you =thank god you had the rifle up front and locked !!
Personnally i think a person like that should literally be horse whipped then have to pay you back 3 times what they stole from you.

James,

What a terrible end to a good day!

It's hard to believe somebody could get away with that at a gas station without an eye witness and I can't imagine they wouldn't have surveillance cameras.

Thank God they didn't get the rifle!

Feeling for ya buddy, I built the ultimate tree stand and had it padlocked to a tree on public hunting land ( about 20 ft. up)where I was bow hunting, I was heading out to the stand (30 miles from home) one evening and when I got there there was no stand. :mad:

Sorry for your loss,
Nate

P.S Do you have pixs of the .260 in the new stock

Last edited:
As soon as I walked out of the store I noticed that my tailgate was down so I ran over to find the bed empty , I ran back to the store to ask if the clerk had seen anything or if they had cameras , well two cameras in place one on the store looking at the pumps and one on the pump station looking at the front door , neither one of them is hooked up !!!!!!!! just their for show. This is a small mom and pop store , I called local law enforcement and they diden't seem to eager to help but took a report , I'm gonna call the upper end suppervisor and ask for a profesional favor and explain the situation this morning.

This is the one time I diden't take one of my dogs with me cause they get into trouble with skunks at the club , I guess a stinky dog is better than loosing your stuff.

Nate , I ran the tracking number and the USPS can't find it so we're getting that squared away and another package will be on its way this week. I haven't taken any new pics of the gun in the new stock but I plan to this afternoon if I get out of work on time , I have to say I think it looks alot better in the laminated stock with the new black finish that it did as a two tone and black stock.

Anyway I'm gonna have to buy new dies , scale , bullets and brass.

Anybody have the address of phone number of "Bob Cattiruco" I know that last name is spelled wrong , its the same guy that made those 6.5's I sent you Nate

I know how you feel, In feb. i was at the local gun shop buying supplys and got my pickup stolen with $30,000 in tools, guns, laptop. It was found 9/20/07 in salvage yard in kansas city MO. They tried to sell the bed to a undercover cop. A locked vehicle is as easy to break into for these slimballs as a can of peanut butter. They still haven't recovered any tools,guns or anything else but like you i bet some a--hole sniffed it all up.

James

They is an good point to this .

You all ways wanted to build you an new reloading bench .

Your can make an list of what you need know sence you have reloaded a year or two .

I would set an think of an wish list of all of the cool stuff that you did knot have before .

Redbone

Double edged sward

Meth has realy ben a scorge in recent years! If they stole the stuff for drugs they will rat out who did it for $$.
Wait a couple of weeks and put an add in the newspaper with a reward for info.
Had a toolbox taken out of the back of my pickup a few years ago. They found a lowlife with his hands caught in his car door a few weeks later and my toolbox found its way back in my pickup :cool:

I feel for you bud, sure glad they didn't get your firearms as well.

I came in from work year before last and found someone had broken into our house. First thing I checked was two cases I had sitting in the hall from the weekends hunting trip. All rifles were there including my 270 A.M. Come to find out they had been at the house for over an hour, and from what we could find only took some high end fishing rels and a Dewalt rechargable tool set.

Good part is they caught the fu#$%'s but since nobody actually saw them go in or out of the house, all they could get them for was breaking into one of our vehicles. Of course thee were no prints which could be salvaged, and my stuf most likly went to the first construction site around for what ever they could get. We now have two alarm systems installed, and neither are easily over ridden. This is the newest one,
P1010027.jpg

I am very sorry to hear this. This is heartbreaking to hear that someone would do this. I hope they get caught and you can feel some sort of payback for what they have taken from you.

I have a feeling that whoever took it was doing so for drugs , guns are very risky to sell so tweekers generaly won't take them unless its somthing they can sell easly like pistols , I'm gonna do my own little investigation to see if I can sniff out the gear. Crystal Meth is a huge problem in that area , kinda like the crack of rural white America.

Its always nice to need to get new stuff but getting the funds is the hard part !!

I have some pics of the gun up in the "equiptment review" section if anybody is wondering what it looks like since the makeover

James I really hate to hear it. All I can say is that either they didnt see you walk in the store, or they got big kahones. Good luck recovering your stuff.

James; justice does happen occasionally. Couple of years ago, a guy ransacked our deer camp, broke into several of the trailers, shot up a couple of 4-wheel drives, then broke into a home nearby and took some stuff. He was stopped shortly thereafter on the road into town, probably driving erratically, (he had taken some wine from the home). After getting out of the vehicle and facing police, he ignored them and reached back in and came out with a shotgun he had also stolen. I never was able to find out how many cops shot him how many times, but we heard that it was just the right amount. Made me feel all better.

Hope they catch the turd that robbed you. If nothing else, you will know who he is.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts