i shot my chrony

m249

I have a ced m2 and this past weekend I shot it through the top of the sensor. It still makes reading but it always shows up with a error. My queston is how much damage can these take before you have to replace them?
The sensor is still in one pive just has a hole from a .223 and a small crack.

Just order a new sensor, that's one of the nice things about the CED. Each piece is seperate and can be cheaply replaced.

The error you are seeing is likely that only one sensor is seeing the bullet.

Now, we need a picture!

AJ

It still makes reading but it always shows up with a error. My queston is how much damage can these take before you have to replace them?
Well let's see. You shot it, see the damage and it gives you an error each time. Sounds to me like you found out how much damage they take before needing to be replaced.:)

I think if it was me and I got an error every time that I wouldn't trust any readings and would be ordering a new sensor ASAP.

Did you have it at 100 yards, 300 yards or just set up for muzzle velocity?

I was testing at the muzzle and the wind pick up and put the sensor in the wrong place at the right time.
I tried to get pics posted but can't get them to work if you want to see the damage can email them or if someone can get them to post.

view_photo.php

view_photo.php

Shoot that SOB 3 more times.................

See if the "error" changes to "I surender"

This is the first sensor the .223 made a nice hole in.
IMG00122-20090601-1403-1.jpg

This is the second sensor after it went through the first one.
IMG00123-20090601-1404.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.