I-pod Touch, isnipe app

Dano1

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone out there is using the isnipe app on their I-phone, or I-pod.

I upgraded my wife to a Kindle fire, and I inhereted the i-pod. Since I didn't have any moble device of my own, I've never used a mobile calcuating app or program.

I've already down loaded it and at $10.00 it seemed It couldn't hurt....

Just wondering if any of you have tried it and would like to share experiences....

Thanks,

Dan

I have both i-snipe and shooter on my touch. i-snipe is a nice program. It is pretty intuitive and drops are right on. I doubt many would be disappointed with this program.

I personally like shooter better though. It has a better organized firearm and ammo section where all the specific loads for a certain firearm can be kept organized under the firearm name. I like this much better than just having all the loads all together, which is how i-snipe is organized. Much more in line with how my brain works and minimizes selecting the wrong load when more than one load with the same bullet is saved in your system. It also has some extra features like turret click compensation and the ability to save a load with the conditions that you zeroed the rifle and then show the changes that need to be made where you are shooting now. Very nice.

HTH,

Scot E.

I also have the I-snipe app on my phone. I don't use it, I mainly used the ballistic FTE app I also have. I got the shooter app by Bryan litz and I now use that one all the time now. I feel that the shooter app is quicker to get environmental conditions and calculate drops vrs. the Ballistic FTE app. The shooter app also has a function to calibrate your velocity to correct for real world drops right in the app. I like that function so when you are done calibtrating your drops you can test it right away and see it before you go into the field. Just my $.02 but I do think that the shooter app is the nicest ballistic app on the market so far!!

I also have the I-snipe app on my phone. I don't use it, I mainly used the ballistic FTE app I also have. I got the shooter app by Bryan litz and I now use that one all the time now. I feel that the shooter app is quicker to get environmental conditions and calculate drops vrs. the Ballistic FTE app. The shooter app also has a function to calibrate your velocity to correct for real world drops right in the app. I like that function so when you are done calibtrating your drops you can test it right away and see it before you go into the field. Just my $.02 but I do think that the shooter app is the nicest ballistic app on the market so far!!
Forgot about the trajectory validation! Another really nice feature and one that i-snipe doesn't have as of yet.

Scot E.

Shooter looks good, and I'll look into letfly as well. I just happened to stumble on isnipe first, I've already loaded the info for 4 rifles and 10 loads. I just wish my fingers weren't so fat makes typing on a I-pod touch a pain in the....... well you know...

I'm just excited to try an app. I'll still use range cards, best to have a back up.

Thanks again,

Dan

I downloaded Shooter to my Wife's Kindle Fire and I can't put the dang thing down. It's the best app on there.

I thought if Shooter was available for I pods and I phones I could Get it on my I pad but It's not listed as an ap. What is the best program for I pads?

It is listed for iPad as well I was just looking at it. iPad would be good for range work and doing adjustments and the battery life is much better but I wouldn't want to pack it.

I've been using ISnipe for a while now, I think its really easy for use and is very accurate. Yesterday I was chronographing some new loads put it into to I Snipe hitting targets no problem at 700 yds. Great app!

It is listed for iPad as well I was just looking at it. iPad would be good for range work and doing adjustments and the battery life is much better but I wouldn't want to pack it.

Thanks, I found it. I'm not up to speed on using the I pad yet. Shooter's perfect for what I need until G7 makes their program compatible with Mac, which they said was coming. And no, I don't plan to pack this thing in the hills.

I had letfly. It I noticed it wouldnt give me any information for 450 and 850 yards.. It simply just skipped those ranges. I deleted the app, re installed it, emailed the author... Nothing ever came Out of it so I gave up. I use ballistic and im satisfied.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.