isnipe for the iphone

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by WyoRanchHand, Nov 28, 2008.

1. WyoRanchHand

WyoRanchHand Active Member

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I viewed the entire demo.

Results of my "demo" evaluation is that it's nifty, has a really good "geek" factor but appears to fall quite short in one evaluation criteria.

I could see no atmospheric input which is a must for varying conditions and shooting the same load in several locations.

If a person was doing a value analysis isnipe would have a tough time competing against a Kenton BDC turret @ $85 each.

If it had a way to set it up for the validated drops at one locattion then maintain that as a base and provide for elevation and atmospheric changes I'd say it would be well worth having. Otherwise, nah, not yet.

Maybe their stuff in the pipeline includes the more full use of available data.

3. 115vld

115vld Well-Known Member

Just downloaded it and it matched Sierra out to 1200 yards so i will see what is more accurate this weekend.

4. bwaites

bwaites Well-Known Member

I'm running it. Runs well for what it is, and at $4.99, it's cheap!!

It needs the environmental data, though!

Bill

5. tsmiller4

tsmiller4 Well-Known Member

Does the app. still run if you have no phone service. I would assume it's a software type deal where you download the app. and don't necessarily have to have service to use it. Otherwise you would be just as well off accessing JBM's website and then you could input the Atmos. Data as well. I use JBM on my blackberry when I have service, but obviously if I don't have service I can't use it.

6. sxwatson

sxwatson Well-Known Member

You don't have to have service to use this. It runs on Iphone or Generation 2 of the IPod touch. The makers are working on adding environment conditions for version 2 of the software.

7. bcode

bcode New Member

Hey All,

Just a quick heads-up, we've release v1.2 of iSnipe which includes full metric support and Atmospheric correction. Additionally, we'ved added 500+ factory ammo profiles and built it on top of a brand new (exclusive to iSnipe) ballistics engine. As always, we're hard at work on a few features that will add some very useful functionality in the coming weeks. Cheers.

8. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

I have both isnipe and ballistic for my Ipod touch, and with the new updates they are very close. Two good programs!

9. Coues Sniper

Coues Sniper Well-Known Member

Tyler,

Would you reccomend either one over the other? Thanks

10. bwaites

bwaites Well-Known Member

I have both and like Ballistic a little better, but there isn't alot between them!

Bill