I need help with my newly built AR

coachA

I just finished my 6mm ARC build right be for hunting season and I really like the rifle and cartridge. I do have a problem with rifle cutting deep gouges into the bullet when I chamber a round. I think it is a problem with the feed ramp in the barrel. Have any of you had this problem? If so, what's the best fix for it?

i hunt with a 6.5 grendel and 6.5 creed during deer season and noticed the same gouges in my bullets. constantly loading and unloading the same round into the chamber has them all dinged up. i was planning to break out the dremel and smoothing everything out with some polish. i think the feed ramps are just too rough.

pretty much what this guy did but i plan to leave the barrel in the upper.

^

that's true, didnt think about it getting dinged up on the way out!

I just finished my 6mm ARC build right be for hunting season and I really like the rifle and cartridge. I do have a problem with rifle cutting deep gouges into the bullet when I chamber a round. I think it is a problem with the feed ramp in the barrel. Have any of you had this problem? If so, what's the best fix for it?
Are you reloading your ammo? Or is it Factory ammo.?
If it's factory it's probably feed ramps issues or techambering the same round.
If it's your Reloads then I'd say you have them seated way too long

^ same with me. it's the feed ramps. i've noticed it on my 5.56 guns too but never worried about because i'm rarely taking those rounds out and i'm not using them for precision shots or hunting. just plinking where i'm just trying to hit a steel plate

Does your upper receiver have the M4 cutouts, and does the barrel extension have the cutouts as well? Not as common anymore, but an upper with and an extension without will result in issues.

Good info.
I have had a similar problem even with polished m4 feed ramps and noticed the bullet had a large jump to get up and into battery so I opened the magazine feed lips up a bit and problem went bye bye.If you go too much the magazine will not lock into place easily so go a little at a time.
I use metal mags and not P mags so they can adjust easily.
Master Peace Arms has the little tool to bend the feed lips and I use that tool on semi auto's magazines to adjust feeding.You can use pliers also.

Recent Posts