I have a Long Action with a barrel nut...want a 6mm...recommendations?

I just started a 6-284 project also. Have a 1-7" twist barrel on the way. If I may ask where did you find a 28" 6-284 barrel in stock i thought I searched everywhere and couldn't find even one in stock let alone 28" long, so I'm waiting 10-16wk. Where do I find reasonably priced dies?

I just started a 6-284 project also. Have a 1-7" twist barrel on the way. If I may ask where did you find a 28" 6-284 barrel in stock i thought I searched everywhere and couldn't find even one in stock let alone 28" long, so I'm waiting 10-16wk. Where do I find reasonably priced dies?

I wish I could start this project with a 1-7 twist...Have some 115 Berger Hunters on the way to see if I can stabilize the 115s...

Thanks Longtooth. I have been looking for dies for a bit. I think I'll try some of those bullets also, can hardly go wrong for that price! Good find on the barrel!

I ran some theoretically numbers in Berger stability calculator and if I remember right it predicted the 115s would work with 1-8". I would have settled for a 1-8" if I had found it in stock but since I was ordering it anyway I decided to play it safe and go 1-7".

If I am pushing the 140s with the 6.5-284 case to 3135fps...28" barrel...(Magnetospeed)

I am hoping to push the 115s to close to 3300fps + (in the 243)...I can only dream...

If you reload...order RL-26 now...:)

Last edited:
I hope your right about the velocity I'll be very happy if I get that kind of speed!! At 3200 Berger calculator says 115 will stabilize in 1-8" at 5000ft down to 35degrees, colder than that it gets below "optimum" stability.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts