hypothetical which state to live in the USA

I surprised no one mentioned the south, we have a good population of split tails here. I've been hunting in NM and WY they seem to be lacking in this area or maybe I was just hunting in the wrong place!!!

Moe

My vote is for New Mexico.(wonder why?)

Northern part is beautiful mountains and the southern part is desert with some mountains.

In state hunting license fees are reasonable.
Many species of game to hunt.
The state has gone to a draw permit on all big game, no more over the counter licenses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
No chucks, but plenty of prairie dogs.
Stay out of the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area and there arent many people.
A couple of 1000 yd ranges in the state.

I would move to Cimarron, NM.
Its a small town with a lot going for it.

Close to the excelent NRA Whittington Center which hosts many shootnig events from 25yd rimfire to 1000yd blackpowder.
In the edge of great elk country.
In the edge of great muley country.
In the edge of great pronghorn country.
Prarie dogs around.
Coyote calling around.

Now its just too bad my company doesn't have an office there, I would be trying to transfer.

Hi Pop,
You and I have actually had an E-Mail exchange or two over the years. I think we first "met" on The Reloading Bench the better part of 10 years ago. I live in Hanna... 40 miles your side of Rawlins and work at the Pen in Rawlins.

Coyoter

anywhere but Oklahoma,

its to **** hot here!!!!!!!!

topping out today at 100deg around 40% humidity

I would love to live in Montana or Wyoming, wife hates the cold though

steve

[ QUOTE ]
anywhere but Oklahoma,

its to **** hot here!!!!!!!!

topping out today at 100deg around 40% humidity

I would love to live in Montana or Wyoming, wife hates the cold though

steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Go west just a little more.... not nearly as cold, but no prairie dogs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Talking about Wyoming,

... .We couldn't lay anything on the hood ,even binos and guns would blow off.
And i have no idea how animals can live off of what they graze on there! Mike

Mike, You made me laugh outloud and almost spewed my coffee on the keyboard. I've always said the wind in Wyoming will blow a barbed wire fence over!

BTW: My vote is Southern Colorado.

AJ

hjl
goodgrouper forgot one thing about southern Idaho and Wyoming these states will teach you to shoot in a 5 to 40 mph wind about 90% of the time. lol David

WY MT or AZ. Least peeple and most game and public lands and least numbers of busybodies leftists Democrats granola heads Rainbow People and tree huggers. You sure dont wanna come to CALorado.

I live here in northwest montana with 360 degree views of mountains. Just a two hour drive from here I hunt antelope and prairie dogs on the plains. Fish, hunt, hike, plink, and enjoy the company of nearly everybody likeminded as myself. I was born and raised here, and this is where I will die.

I love the town of big arm_polson mt.there is not a better lake then the flat head its so clear! Mt is gods land I enjoy it there winter or summer.the road to the sun is so very kool its hard to belive how the road was built and the guys that lost there life building it.the elk ,moose bear and deer are second to none in mt

Don't bring North Dakota into this. It is cold in the winter. Several days below zero and as cold as -44. In the summer it is hot and humid and the wind always blows here.:rolleyes: I wouldn't want it any other way!!!!!!!

Brent

Recent Posts