Which US state has the most pride?

Well, respectfully to all ya'll, the question was 'Which US state has the most pride?', not really where'd you like to live. I'm moving to Colorado or Wyoming cause Texas doesn't have beautiful mountains, snow, , deer, elk, 8000' elevation pastures, and cool temps! lol. But as a born and bred TEXAN, no one has more pride in themselves or their State! Montana would be number 2, Wyoming number 3, then that's it. Colorado used to be in there but they're all too smoked up to know where they are!

DocB

Actually, Alaska and Montana are neck and neck for people being proud to be called an Alaskan or a Montanan. . Texas is way down the list. I think even Oregon is higher. .

Mt Fairweather pretty much starts at low tide and goes up from there.
Heck o billy even Southeast Alaska has mile high mountains on islands. Like Clerance Cramer Peak on Baranof Is. .
Devils Thumb over Thomas Bay way on the mainland is over 9 k' and its not too far inland. In P.W.S. College Fjord has Mt Gilbert which goes up from tidewater to over 10 k'.
Ect. Ect. Ect. :D

It doesn't matter to me, as along as I'm in the mountains, I'm a happy camper no matter how tall they are or where they're at...
:D

And a FYI, in case y'all didn't know, many folks don't realize this, any land mass elevated at 1,000 feet above see level is considered a mountain / or mountainous range!....

I wanted to wait to see the replies.

I would venture that the native Californian are embarrassed much more than proud.

The list of things other states are proud of including natural resources is there, we have some very nice places and people.

But

We have some difficult to understand politics.

Some might even deem them unacceptable. But that's just my personal opinion.

Jeff

Yes, gentle words for difficult situations. I rant plenty about city people and newcomers but not today.

I was born and raised in Michigan ,, came to texas in the early 90's , they have a lot of pride here ! , I like the state it's friendly to hunters and fishing , heck I hunt from September dove season to April turkey season , whitetail. Mule deer and antelope in between , which gives me a lot of pride that I live in this state :D

Does this mean which states have the most vocal patriots? If that's the case, it's hard to argue with Texas. However, I would not discount Utah. They are less vocal, but I believe there are more Utahns proud to be Utahn than there are Texans proud to be Texan. For Mormons in Utah, it's the place where their ancestors finally sought refuge from persecution.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.