Hunting with Glasses

cactusjack

I have recently started to need glasses, with corrections for both distance and close up. I find bifocals and progressive lenses to be dangerous in the "woods" because I tend to misjudge my footing with them on. This has led to some comical and spectacular falls, but fortunately no injuries yet. I really need them, especially for seeing my scope dial.

Question: has anyone used nonstandard bifocals? As an example, having a small reading lense on one side, in an out of the way place, or bifocal lenses on the top of one or both lenses?

I will carry dime store readers for map reading, but in a crunch situation I think these wouldn't work super well.

How long have you had them? It usually takes a few days to get acclimated to them. I'v3 been wearing progressive lenses for years….like'm! memtb
I've actually been wearing them for about 5 years, and they're great for city life. But at least for me, they leave a lot to be desired when off the beaten track. I've been using a combo of straight distance glasses and readers, both on their own lanyards, but this is a PITA when you throw in pack, binos, rifle sling, etc.

I wear trifocals and have for over five years you'll eventually get used to them. my biggest problem when hunting is them fogging or me sweating all over them. I have contacts for when I go hunting. I still have some trouble with the scope dials ,so if need be I have my zero stop set and can count clicks.

I've been wearing glasses for a long time. I tried the contacts where one is for distance and the other for close, and it was a horrible experience. It's a pain getting old.

Getting old! 😂 I 've been wearing glasses since third grade and needed them long before then. I've never been able to read the "E" on the top of the eye chart! Never realized that you could see the individual leaves on a tree….until I got glasses! It's pretty nice to be able to see! Now if I just weren't color blind! 🤬 memtb

I have recently started to need glasses, with corrections for both distance and close up. I find bifocals and progressive lenses to be dangerous in the "woods" because I tend to misjudge my footing with them on. This has led to some comical and spectacular falls, but fortunately no injuries yet. I really need them, especially for seeing my scope dial.

Question: has anyone used nonstandard bifocals? As an example, having a small reading lense on one side, in an out of the way place, or bifocal lenses on the top of one or both lenses?

I will carry dime store readers for map reading, but in a crunch situation I think these wouldn't work super well.

I went through the same thing. You will in time adjust to the bifocals by unconsciously adjusting your head/eye orientation.