hunting scope ?

Happ571

I am looking for some recomendations for a simple to use long range hunting scope, I have always used Leupold products VXIII stuff and have those now in a 4.5x14 and 3.5x10, should a person add custom turrets to these scopes or move up to a Long range? or switch to a different brand?
Thanks!!

Fine with Leupold

I had Leupold add turrets to both of my VXIIIs, 4.5x14 and 3.5x10. They both work great. I only wish that I had the B&C or Varmint reticles installed at the same time for those 300 to 400 yard shots when I don't have enough prep time to both get settled and adjust the scope.

Hey cross, are your scopes the long range versions with the 30mm tubes? the guy I talked to at Leupold said I wouldn't have enough adjustment with my 1'' tubes?

Had Leupold install the M1 turrets on a 3.5-10 VXIII with a 1 inch tube. There is 52 MOA in elevation end to end. You would be limited with the 1 inch tube at very long range but for what I use it for it works well. May need to shim the rear depending.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts