Hunting scope

Mike, I have several new in the box swaro's in Z3, Z5 and Z6. I am unpacking from the move and have several boxes full of scopes I am going to sell. Let me know what you are looking at and I will let you know if I have it and a price. It would save you a few hundred dollars. At my old shop we compared scopes of all kinds and continue to do so now. Swarovski glass is the best in the world that I have seen. At dark or looking from a bright meadow into dark woods there is a major difference with high end glass.

Mike, I have several new in the box swaro's in Z3, Z5 and Z6. I am unpacking from the move and have several boxes full of scopes I am going to sell. Let me know what you are looking at and I will let you know if I have it and a price. It would save you a few hundred dollars. At my old shop we compared scopes of all kinds and continue to do so now. Swarovski glass is the best in the world that I have seen. At dark or looking from a bright meadow into dark woods there is a major difference with high end glass.
You know I actually prefer my IOR's to all others I've tried for that application.

They aren't as bright as some of the others, but they seem to have the best resolution and definition of edges at least for me.

Swaro is a lot like the 30-06 in that it's never the "wrong choice".

It would greatly depend on which IOR scope you are comparing to the NF.

I like my IOR 4-14x 50 Tact much better than the NF 3.5-15. Particularly in low light conditions it's the single best piece of glass I've ever owned or shot. I've used it on coyotes on a full moon night without any added illumination out to 500yds on wheat fields.

I like my IOR 6-24x50 35mm tube better than the NF 5.5-22x56 I compared it to. Again outstanding in low light, and much better in extremely bright conditions than either the NF or Mark 4's and VXII Leupold's I own.

I'm not a man of wealth by any means and my next scope will be the new 4-28x56mm 40mm tube IOR .

I haven't shot the latter yet but I have had an opportunity to play with one a bit in both bright and low light and it's phenomenal. The incredible 85 MOA range of adjustment makes it a tremendous Long or extreme long range optic as do the 1/4MOA click values.

High end scopes are like high end vehicles or rifles though and a lot of it just boils down to personal preference. Some of it too depends on the individual users eyes and light sensitivity.

I have a problelm in extremely bright light but I have exceptional night vision and always have had this as an issue. In both extremes I really love the IOR's better than anything else I have owned or tried.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.