Hunting Partners.

Seems like a lot of us have had similar experiences . I hunt alone most of the season now to. I use to hunt with my boys but they have grown up gotten married and have their own lives now. Seem like the older you get you spend those hunting days alone thinking about the past.
I chukar hunt alone with my dog Sam.....................its always a good time just seeing him on Point. and sitting on a Rock and staring into the distance. I'm looking forward to this year as we have had a huge Chukar hatch.......................Anyone out here in Nevada who would like a good Chukar hunt let me know.

G

Seems like a lot of us have had similar experiences . I hunt alone most of the season now to. I use to hunt with my boys but they have grown up gotten married and have their own lives now. Seem like the older you get you spend those hunting days alone thinking about the past.
I chukar hunt alone with my dog Sam.....................its always a good time just seeing him on Point. and sitting on a Rock and staring into the distance. I'm looking forward to this year as we have had a huge Chukar hatch.......................Anyone out here in Nevada who would like a good Chukar hunt let me know.

G

Wish I were closer. Twin Falls to Reno is a heck of an expensive chukkar hunt just in gas :D. I'd join ya if I was closer!

I need your opinion

I was hunting last year in Eastern Nevada with a friend. . We camped at the base of the East Humboldt Mts. There were a lot of other hunters there so since we got there a few days early I did a little hiking and found a really nice bowl with two big saddles. The ridge ran right up to Chimney Rock and thought this would be a great place to be before light on opening day. Sure enough I was up there at dark sitting under a Pine tree with a perfect view of the bowl. At first light I heard some shots below in the Aspens and after about 5 -10 minutes here comes six big bucks. They stopped and looked back down the canyon and I shot a really nice 4x4 28" That Evening my Hunting buddy chewed me out and told me how unfair I was for using other hunters in the area to push those bucks up to where I was sitting. He said he was embarrased and ashamed of what I had done.

He said he would never hunt with me again because of my poor hunting ethics.

I'd say "See ya"... I don't hunt to please other people, or to make them think I'm some great hunter. I could care less what others think, and if my buddy treated me like that he'd be walking home, I mean, why would he even want to ride home with me, right? :)

Sorry to hear that Greg. I only hunt Big game with family. I do waterfowl and upland hunt with friends and other quintessences cause it only for a few hours.

Yes the Huns and Chukars are thick up this way it should be a great season for them.

You weren't in the wrong, part of public land hunting IMO is also trying to figure out what other hunters are going to do and try to use that to your advantage. Its like a chess game, you have to find the animals, then you have to make a game plan and factor in other hunter pressure. Hunt smarter not harder. My hunting partners have dwindled down in numbers as well. I only need 1 hand to count them and still have fingers left over.

Hunting is rarely ever easy. Sounds like he was mad that he didn't make the extra effort that you did.
I refer to people like that as "the guy I used to hunt with":D

I need your opinion

I was hunting last year in Eastern Nevada with a friend. . We camped at the base of the East Humboldt Mts. There were a lot of other hunters there so since we got there a few days early I did a little hiking and found a really nice bowl with two big saddles. The ridge ran right up to Chimney Rock and thought this would be a great place to be before light on opening day. Sure enough I was up there at dark sitting under a Pine tree with a perfect view of the bowl. At first light I heard some shots below in the Aspens and after about 5 -10 minutes here comes six big bucks. They stopped and looked back down the canyon and I shot a really nice 4x4 28" That Evening my Hunting buddy chewed me out and told me how unfair I was for using other hunters in the area to push those bucks up to where I was sitting. He said he was embarrased and ashamed of what I had done.

He said he would never hunt with me again because of my poor hunting ethics.

Time for a New Friend!

Yeah sounds like two awful guys to hunt with. I enjoy hunting alone but having a good partner is always nice. Headed out for an elk hunt with my older brother the last week of October and can't wait to spend time with him in the mountains. Will be nice to have another guy to help haul an elk off the mountain if we get lucky too!

I just spent the weekend with my life long hunting partner and my wife. My hunting partner and I are willing to climb anything and go anywhere needed to kill a big buck. He carries more than his fair share in his pack and is a good ethical hunter. I got him on 5 bucks this weekend, but the big 30" 4x4 I pushed out of his bed didn't run up the hill as planned...oh well.

My wife is still pretty new to hunting. But she doesn't complain with a 40lbs pack on her back knowing she's got about 5 miles to go before camp.

Good hunting partners are invaluable.

I just spent the weekend with my life long hunting partner and my wife. My hunting partner and I are willing to climb anything and go anywhere needed to kill a big buck. He carries more than his fair share in his pack and is a good ethical hunter. I got him on 5 bucks this weekend, but the big 30" 4x4 I pushed out of his bed didn't run up the hill as planned...oh well.

My wife is still pretty new to hunting. But she doesn't complain with a 40lbs pack on her back knowing she's got about 5 miles to go before camp.

Good hunting partners are invaluable.

You are 100% spot on and a very lucky man.

My wife has ben asking and asking for her own shotgun.......................she has made it very clear that she wants a beautiful wooden stock and will not accept a Black stock..................

With Wives like that we really dont have anything to complain about..................................they even get idea's in their minds when we are way out with no one around.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.