Hunting partner died

I know the loss verry well, He said go chase the Bulls..that was the last thing he asked of you.
As a Hunter and friend, get his rifle if you can and do as he asked..His energy will always be with you..let peace be in your heart and his memory alway be at your side.
I know what its like to have this loss, be strong always you will be with him again.
never forget him, talk to his family and claim him as your Brother.

Jesus be with you always.

Keith Sage.
I won't be able to get any of his guns KC. Unfortunately he was married to one of the worst females that walk the planet with us. He was just a meal ticket to her. As soon as his body was in the ground, she sold everything she could get money for and the rest went in the dumpster. That's all I can say about that, anything else will cause me to vent.

I won't be able to get any of his guns KC. Unfortunately he was married to one of the worst females that walk the planet with us. He was just a meal ticket to her. As soon as his body was in the ground, she sold everything she could get money for and the rest went in the dumpster. That's all I can say about that, anything else will cause me to vent.

Hat~ You may never get his guns, but she will never take the away memories that you two made. She can't get money for them, and she can't put them in the dumpster.
Drive on my friend, and your hunting partner will be by your side every step of the way.

My Buddy Red and I started hunting together back around 1960. We were both in the service, him a Marine and me in the Navy. He got out of the service and I stayed in but we got together every few years and did some shooting. After I retired we lost track of each other for a while but through the internet, we reconnected and started up where we had left off.

Our wives had worked together and were good friends so it made it real nice. A few years ago I had a minor stroke and then a quintuple bypass and he decided that we didn't have too many years left and that we needed to go on a Prairie dog shoot out in the Dakotas. I think he was pretty sure I wasn't long for this world.

We went on that shoot and had the time of our lives. You can imagine what it's like for a Squid and a Jarhead shooting against one another. We talked about living and dieing and how both of us had lived pretty good lives and how that was mostly due to the women we had married. Neither of us had any serious regrets except that we hadn't spent enough time together shooting and BSing.

On the way home Red got sick and after a few days decided he better go to the ER. The news wasn't good. He had Cancer through out his whole body and only lived for two more weeks.

I really didn't think I could ever go back to that dog town we had found but another buddy wanted to go so we did. There were a lot of Ghosts out there but after the first few days the sadness left and I could feel Red's presence. I've been back every year for the last 6 years and when I'm there I feel close to him. I know he's watching me and commenting on my misses and hits, the new rifle I bought and the stupid stuff I sometimes do.

Go back out there and take him with you in your heart. He'll enjoy it and after a time, you will to.

I lost my Father inlaw and my hunting partner and things went down hill but I have a few others that I trust like a brother, now its my turn..My days are few. but as long as I can shoot, I will be out there Hunting, Fishing and Shooting. Never give up you are still young. No matter your age.

Peace be in your heart friend every day.

All the memories of the hunts you guys did together have to be your motivation to keep on hunting, and dedicate your better trophies from now on to your partner.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.