Recently lost my lifelong best friend and hunting partner.

He is there Dick, his spirit will be with you all your days in the field.
Embrace that!
Not only in the field but at home as well. In the room where I have my guns, reloading gear and computer I keep an empty chair and I sometimes feel like he's sitting there just like before. I don't say anything to anybody about it but I guess nobody would have any idea what I mean unless they've lost someone very special.

I'm not going to BS you... As time goes on it will get better...But not by much.

Look around. You've got years of info that you could pass along. Good Luck.
I've outlived all of my hunting buddies now and my only grandson is only interested in sports and electronics. We'll see what happens between now and next summer. I'd hate to eventually just sell everything and not be able to pass something along to a new hunter. We'll see. :)

Dick, I'm sure Gene would want you to carry on. The hunt is in your blood, the desire will return someday.

You were a Lucky Man to have such a wonderful friend for so long.
I know what you're saying and realize that he'd want me to keep hunting but I don't know if it's that easy.

When I was 1 year old I had my picture taken with a huge 6 point bull elk that my dad had just shot. That was how I got started and it was all I knew each fall and winter from then on. Problem is that now I'm in some new territory and don't know what the outcome will be.

I was verrrry lucky and always knew that but now know, I guess, with age comes a little extra understanding about life and people. Like they say hindsight is 20/20 but you sometimes don't see that good until it's too late.

So sorry to hear about the passing of your long-time friend, Dick.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and your friend's family...

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.