hunt tommorow

soundwaves

going for a İBEX hunt tommorow. hope l get a big İBEX.

cant decide if l should shoot my PMC 175 grain PSP or FEDERAL POWER SHOCK 150 grain SP.

the shooting should take place between 200 to 400 meters so which round would blow a bigger hole in the animal. ? l only will have 1 shot at it and dont want to track the animal if not hit in a vital spot. l used both and was satisfied with both but what do you think ? which one would deal more damage at those distances ?

You suck :D

Which one shoots better? The IBEX has been rumored to be a pretty stout animal (I have no personal experience) which leads me to the heavier bullet. Although, placing your round where it's supposed to go is far more prevalent.

"Standard" cup & core bullets don't seem to perform with premium bullets in my experience however, the newer factory bullets are much better than those of years ago...

What cartridge is your rifle chambered in?

t

LOL :D

l shoot well with both. its a 7mm RM. and think l can place the shot without a problem :) but just getting excited. been shooting the 175 for a year now so use to the balistics and know the drop off my head so might use that :)

LOL :D

l shoot well with both. its a 7mm RM. and think l can place the shot without a problem :) but just getting excited. been shooting the 175 for a year now so use to the balistics and know the drop off my head so might use that :)

If you're used to the 175, then I recommend using the 175. No reason to go changing things.. on a range day, that's fine. On a hunt, you are asking Mr. Murphy to play along.... bad ju-ju.

t

going for a İBEX hunt tommorow. hope l get a big İBEX.

cant decide if l should shoot my PMC 175 grain PSP or FEDERAL POWER SHOCK 150 grain SP.

the shooting should take place between 200 to 400 meters so which round would blow a bigger hole in the animal. ? l only will have 1 shot at it and dont want to track the animal if not hit in a vital spot. l used both and was satisfied with both but what do you think ? which one would deal more damage at those distances ?
Shoot whichever your rifle is sighted in with.

It matters far less what you hit them with than it does where you hit them so just focus on putting it in the right spot. At 400-500yds the wind is not going to be a huge factor so just be sure you have a good call on the wind and range and you get your corrections right and you will be good to go.

As tough as Ibex are I'd be aiming for the shoulders, as the odds are very high that with a heart/lung shot they are going to run at least some.

Shoot whichever your rifle is sighted in with.

It matters far less what you hit them with than it does where you hit them so just focus on putting it in the right spot. At 400-500yds the wind is not going to be a huge factor so just be sure you have a good call on the wind and range and you get your corrections right and you will be good to go.

As tough as Ibex are I'd be aiming for the shoulders, as the odds are very high that with a heart/lung shot they are going to run at least some.

yeah shoulder shot is the best. thay go down straight away like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.