Outfitters Hunt

michaelfelix13

I am getting old. I saved to take my Son on a special Whitetail deer hunt in Wyoming. 10,000 acres ranch. Total cost about 11k. Once in a lifetime hunt. What is the customary range for a tip for the guide.
Thanks guys appreciate your feedback

I would usually say 10-15%. And that would depend on how the guide does. And that does not mean how big of a animal you get because it is still hunting. How friendly and if you can tell that they are working hard for you. Remember to tip the cook as well.
Good luck!

Yep. 10% is the norm but if it's a great hunt with a friendly and knowledgeable guide it would be more. Not friendly or knowledgeable I'd drop it way down. And as others mentioned don't forget about others behind the scenes. Good luck and have fun!

I normally start at 15% and go up or down depending on attitude, hunt and how hard I felt like they worked. This is just the guide as mentioned, the others need something too but the guide tip is always the biggest.

Why WY for whitetail for that cost I'd go to a state that is known for big whitetails. I would do WY for elk and other animals. But 15% is pretty standard

I am getting old. I saved to take my Son on a special Whitetail deer hunt in Wyoming. 10,000 acres ranch. Total cost about 11k. Once in a lifetime hunt. What is the customary range for a tip for the guide.
Thanks guys appreciate your feedback
Well....I was an outfitter and guide for 10 years....so...about 30,000.00 would do! Realistically...not much different from any other tip...based on performance, of course like anything else...15 % is good. Or 2000.00 would be my top...need a good animal to tip top dollar!

Recent Posts