Howa Axiom Rifles?

Greywolf18

I was just wondering if anyone had shot one of these rifles? I have the Knoxx stock on one of my shotguns, but I found that the reduction wasn't nearly as good as they claimed. I was just wondering if the Axiom stock was better? Was also just wondring about the accuracy of these rifles in either a .204 or .243. If the accuracy is around 1/2 MOA, then it wouldn't be a bad rifle combo for the price. I would definately save up for new glass, but for someone on a budget I was just trying to see how good of a deal they were.

In a word FANTASTIC! I have a .243 Axiom and I love it. It shoots .58 at 100 yards with off the shelf at Walmart Remmington ammo. It might even shoot better than that but I can't shoot better than that. I woud buy one again in a heartbeat. Good luck.

Hey guys new to form.
i just recieved my Axiom from legacy sports .308 with a 20" bbl. I agree the MOA is about .5-1" at a 100 yrds with a 150 grain bullet, hardly no kick, but muzzle lift will leave your cheek pounding. going to try putting a muzzle break and see how this works.gun)

I have one in .308. Quality stock, but not as effective as advertised. I found slight inconsistencies in my groups, mostly sub-moa, but it could have been just me. I put a B&C weatherby/varmint medalist on it and my consistency is where I want it, always sub-moa. The perceived recoil is less with the B&C to me also. The Howa is an EXCELLENT rifle, love it:D.

jz

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.