Howa 1500 hogue stock bedding

Rilow

Any of you guys ever bed a Howa 1500 in hogue over molded stock and if so what was your procedure n did it improve accuracy?

Yes.

Since the upper 1/2 inch or so is rubber coated, you can't do a full bedding job. I just did the recoil lug area and the part of the action just behind the lug. It worked great.

Note that with a Howa you cannot tape the bottom of the recoil lug, and you should not bed behind the rear tang.

You will have to rough up the plastic inside the stock, and make sure it is clean of any chemicals, or the bedding will not stick.

Yes.

Since the upper 1/2 inch or so is rubber coated, you can't do a full bedding job. I just did the recoil lug area and the part of the action just behind the lug. It worked great.

Note that with a Howa you cannot tape the bottom of the recoil lug, and you should not bed behind the rear tang.

You will have to rough up the plastic inside the stock, and make sure it is clean of any chemicals, or the bedding will not stick.
Thanks Vette, that is what i was gonna do the recoil lug area. You don't happen to have any pics. Also what did you use for bedding?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.