How to Use "Set Screws"in Turrets of MK 4 6.5-20 leupold

pc

How to Use \"Set Screws\"in Turrets of MK 4 6.5-20 leupold

I am heading off to sight in my .300 RUM tomorrow and I understand that the set screws in the turrets of my mk 4 scope are for setting a zero but I do not quite understand the leupold manual, it does not describe the function in much detail.

Can someone give instructions in laymans terms.

regards PC.

Re: How to Use \"Set Screws\"in Turrets of MK 4 6.5-20 leupold

There is not much to it. Just loosen the screw, move to zero and tighten. It is now zeroed.

I like to check mine every once in a while to make sure it hasn't backed off.

I'm probably being redundant here but: Zero your rifle as you normally would for whatever yardage you choose. If you have a windage adjustment in the rear scope mount make as fine an adjustment as you can to get your left/right close before using your internal scope windage adjustment. Once you've shot your rifle and zeroed it for your yardage of choice, loosen the small allen screws on the turret knobs and they will spin freely on the turrets. Now move the knobs to the zero on the dial/scale then tighten them down. Your turrets will now be zeroed for elevation and windage for whatever yardage you chose.

Pat S.

Thankyou so much for your help folks,

This is my first long range outfit so I am way out of my depth !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Usually I like to shoot big bore rifles and the scopes are not as complicated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If they are the stainless ones, as they are in most VX3's, take care not to reef too hard on the allen wrench and round them out. But if you do, Leupold will send you the stronger black ones for nothing.

Thanks for that tip....I do have a habit of being ham fisted. I after sighting in today I adjusted my set screws.....I like that feature for sure !!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.