How much are you cutting back?

How much are you cutting back on centerfire rifle shooting?

• None. Shooting more than ever

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Cut back 25%

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Cut back 50%

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Cut back 75%

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I refuse to use my components

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
I've cut back 99% from when I was shooting a lot. Prior to pistol shooting I was into clay targets and shot 2000+ rounds per month. Then I got into pistol shooting and was burning 800 to sometimes 3000 rounds of pistol a month and whatever rifle I felt like, now I shoot pistols a couple times a year and focus on rifles. My main rifle/pistol range 15-20 min from the house closed about a year ago, prior to that I could run over and shoot and it wasn't a big deal. After that range closed rifle was such a PITA to shoot it felt like a chore, load everything up and drive 45-60 min depending on traffic to the range, etc. Because it was far and expensive I tried to do too much on each trip too. Now I have a spot I can shoot that isn't a formal range and life is good again, other than it's an hour and 15 min each way...... Components have been an issue, but I am picking stuff up here and there and getting a stock of things built so that I don't not shoot because I am not sure when I can get more of something. Going forward I am going to shoot less outings but probably increase my round count by a good bit.

Still shooting the rifles, but I have cut way back on the handgun since I do not load for 9mm. I know it is a perishable skill so I do dry fire drills and a few one round and reload. Guess if I get bad enough I'll have to appendix carry the 7 SAUM...........should impress the ladies!
Get the Strikeman for indoor pistol practice - works good. use with a iPod phone. Good trigger exercise.

I understand this and I was thinking of adding this as a choice but I think most have cut back on driving and didn't want this to get derailed into a gas price rage thread and couple members end up getting ignored by most.😁
Right now it's getting hot around here so the window of opportunity decreases. Plus it's been a windy year. I like shooting in the wind but it does decrease the hits. Anyways I allocate my mad money for fishing which has picked up recently. Too many hobbies that cost money lol.

Love it! My gas bill, to drive up the mountain to our range, is higher than my ammo bill at the LGS.
When I lived in your area I'd drive out to Angeles Shooting Range. I went a few times out to Piru also. Have to make it worth it even more so now.

Ok I'll derail my own thread here.
Someone please answer this….where did they all go? These jobs were somewhat full a couple years ago.
Very good question. I guess they are out protesting something, or choosing a life of crime. It seems the risk of jail or prison is really low in some areas.

Very good question. I guess they are out protesting something, or choosing a life of crime. It seems the risk of jail or prison is really low in some areas.
Those are definitely possibilities and maybe I'll start a thread and find out what business owners or managers think happened to all of the employees that were working.

Ok I'll derail my own thread here.
Someone please answer this….where did they all go? These jobs were somewhat full a couple years ago.

The jobs are everywhere, people just don't want to work, or want ridiculous amount if money with little or no experience.

I need to fill two positions, and when calling candidates that have applied hardly any return the calls. The ones I am able to talk to, if they seem good I'll set up an in person interview. Of those 1 in 6 usually show up to the interview. A couple of of other colleagues have the same problem.

In 22 years I have never seen anything like this.

I have a lot of hobbies and my main rifle has been out of commission since January. So, I have elected to save money and components during this time. I'm also the sole income provider for my family for the passed year, so it's fairly unaffordable at the moment.

I have been spending my free time and component money on building a flintlock for short range hunting 😁