How much are you cutting back?

How much are you cutting back on centerfire rifle shooting?

• None. Shooting more than ever

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Cut back 25%

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Cut back 50%

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Cut back 75%

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I refuse to use my components

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
This time of year it's all about the prairie dog shootin', and since I like my little .17 calibers that are all pretty cheap to shoot, I'm going to keep right on shooting about like I have every other summer. Just hope in the next year or two, or three, that primers become more available so that I can keep on keepin' on.

I've honestly been shooting more recently than in the past 5 years. I really don't have many hobbies and guns/shooting is the most important hobby to top that and something I've been doing for as long as I have memory of. I'm fortunate enough that I'm able to enjoy the things I love to do and guns and shooting are basically my life outside of my relationship with my better half, my friends and family, and a few other things I really enjoy. I don't think I could cut back unless all prices became like Gunbroker prices or a major change occurs in my life. Having said that, like everyone else, I wish prices were back to where they were a few years ago.

I think my main change so far has been around how I decide to go shoot.
I'm at the range about 25% less, but my round count is about the same.

I used to pick the mild mornings, ones that had decent weather, and I only shot on specific days because they are always less crowded. On these days my primary activity was shooting and I'd schedule the rest of my day around that.
I also didn't over shoot, meaning I wasn't shooting a lot of rounds or a lot of rifles in a session

Recently, if I'm going to be "in the area" I just go because I'm already close.
But that also means i've shot on days I gerneally never do, which are weekends.
I'm probably going to refrain shooting on the weekends so I'll end up cutting back a little more.
weekend always have too many people and there is always someone who needs to be reminded of the rules

I've cut back substantially. One reason is the cost and availability of components. I still get out but I just can't allocate the time out on the range like I used to. I've also switched back more to pistol training. I'd say I cut back about 50% from the previous years. And maybe closer to 90% or 95% from when I was truly training hard.

**** the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Some load to shoot, I shoot to load. A shop full of loaded ammo is a sad place. I'm fortunate to have more powder and primers than I can use in my lifetime and hammers are always in stock. I'm currently doing load development for six rifles and three rifle caliber pistols. The day I don't have something cooking is the day I will hang it up.

I voted but it's not because of components I have plenty I just can't afford the fuel to get out to the farm
I understand this and I was thinking of adding this as a choice but I think most have cut back on driving and didn't want this to get derailed into a gas price rage thread and couple members end up getting ignored by most.😁

Some people love to shoot, some like to golf, while others drink beer and chase women. If I was forced to stop shooting I'd end up in that 3rd category and my wife would eventually catch on.

Since I like being married, I'll just keep shooting and suck up the stupid high cost of components. Gas and tolls to get to my club each week,' $85, but what is an addicted shooter to do? 🤔 :rolleyes::oops: